• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Iron Man #1
1 1

14 posts in this topic

Evening all,

I ran across something that has piqued my interest and I’m hoping you can shed some light. It may be something common or at least easily explained.

The box in upper left corner being blue on one and green on another. I’ve got plenty of examples of the green and can easily see by previous sales that that’s common. 

Are there other factors that may have contributed to the color variation?

All pages in tact. No missing ads. Staples and pages line up. Publisher dates and locations are a match. 

399E8133-8983-4427-A0CA-A11A607A300A.jpeg

18 minutes ago, MatterEaterLad said:

Looks like the copy on the left didn't get enough yellow on the press. IM's yellow armor isn't as bright and cyan (blue) plus yellow = green. Not enough yellow, leaves it more blue. 

+1 exactly

I have seen a similar colour variation in the box on ASM 28.

16 hours ago, Thomas Hallendorff said:

Evening all,

I ran across something that has piqued my interest and I’m hoping you can shed some light. It may be something common or at least easily explained.

The box in upper left corner being blue on one and green on another. I’ve got plenty of examples of the green and can easily see by previous sales that that’s common. 

Are there other factors that may have contributed to the color variation?

All pages in tact. No missing ads. Staples and pages line up. Publisher dates and locations are a match. 

399E8133-8983-4427-A0CA-A11A607A300A.jpeg

I think that's more like the ink from printer.It's either ink error or different printer or the order they got printed (The left one, with rich colour, was from the first batch that got printed. The second one was from the last batch before they reloaded the ink again)

On 5/4/2021 at 1:30 AM, JohnH19 said:

I have seen a similar colour variation in the box on ASM 28.

And there are differing shades of green in the top left box and the right side text box on X-MEN #1 . 

Below are two copies I had before selling one. The difference is pretty clear to me. 

Screenshot_20210521-224834~2.png

8 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

And there are differing shades of green in the top left box and the right side text box on X-MEN #1 . 

Below are two copies I had before selling one. The difference is pretty clear to me. 

Screenshot_20210521-224834~2.png

Yes, that’s a well known variation.

34 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

*Retreats to corner to eat away feelings*

No need. I was just confirming your valid point. 👍