• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

CGC Removes "QUALITY CONTROL" from "GRADING / QUALITY CONTROL" Submission Status
2 2

14 posts in this topic

Great 

I sent 25 books in almost a month ago and they haven't been received yet. So in 7 months when I get my books back, guess I'll be geared up to return them 

Damn you CGC! Damn your cold black heart! 

Incidentally would it be possible to post evidence, pictures, maybe something of substance, rather than just complaining?

It's not like there is a shortage of comments or threads complaining about SOMETHING this company does. However we are truly lacking with evidence. 

17 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Great 

I sent 25 books in almost a month ago and they haven't been received yet. So in 7 months when I get my books back, guess I'll be geared up to return them 

Damn you CGC! Damn your cold black heart! 

Incidentally would it be possible to post evidence, pictures, maybe something of substance, rather than just complaining?

It's not like there is a shortage of comments or threads complaining about SOMETHING this company does. However we are truly lacking with evidence

No we’re not. Go check out the Grading/Restoration Forum, plenty of evidence there.  

1 minute ago, Number 6 said:

No we’re not. Go check out the Grading/Restoration Forum, plenty of evidence there.  

What about this claim here, is what I'm saying

Here look at this microchamber paper inside a book I decided to crack because I noticed two dimples on the cover inside the slab.

20210503_123156.jpg

On 5/4/2021 at 6:53 AM, Phill the Governor said:

Is it just me or does everyone feel the same way?

I've heard it said elsewhere, but it feels like CGC is grading my book and PGX is encapsulating it. Every one of my submissions over the last year has had a damaged book or a problem with the slab.

Based on the member who got back the Wolverine with a chewed-up top corner and CGC’s doubling-down that it’s a “bindery defect” it’s starting to feel like PGX is grading the books too. 

This doesn’t seem to be getting better and it’s really disappointing to see. I had my reasons for submitting books to CGC but it’s starting to feel like a mistake. 

Edited by Number 6

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

What about this claim here, is what I'm saying

Here look at this microchamber paper inside a book I decided to crack because I noticed two dimples on the cover inside the slab.

20210503_123156.jpg

Shame about that microchamber paper.

I only had to deal with the bottom of the innerwell not being sealed (the first time), and damage to the book (the second time), and scratches on the inner well along with the new damage that was "pressed" but still there (the third time). Just one example I am still dealing with.

IMG_6885.thumb.jpeg.4a23d7e17eb06a27557d1e691a9b0f3b.jpeg

IMG_7009.thumb.jpeg.a44c7d91fa3e3afa561a39e66d3f7469.jpeg

IMG_7410.thumb.jpeg.330e946d229178d0ca2058e04fa0ccf8.jpeg

Yeah, that microchamber paper must be expensive. Not worried at all about the cover of the book and if the dimples were colour breaking or not.

Honestly, sorry about your troubles, but comments like that.... yeah. 

7 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Yeah, that microchamber paper must be expensive. Not worried at all about the cover of the book and if the dimples were colour breaking or not.

Honestly, sorry about your troubles, but comments like that.... yeah. 

Were you commenting on the fingerprint/dirt on the piece of microchamber paper?

There wasn't any context for the damage you suspected, was it not there beforehand? Otherwise your comment reads as sarcasm. (shrug)

Just now, Phill the Governor said:

Were you commenting on the fingerprint/dirt on the piece of microchamber paper?

There wasn't any context for the damage you suspected, was it not there beforehand? Otherwise your comment reads as sarcasm. (shrug)

That isn't a smudge, it's a dimple. A dimple caused post grading, a dimple that runs from the cover onto the microchamber paper. A dimple most likely caused by the posts of a slab before its put together 

I'm not defending CGC, I am complaining with you

2 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

That isn't a smudge, it's a dimple. A dimple caused post grading, a dimple that runs from the cover onto the microchamber paper.  A dimple most likely caused by the posts of a slab before its put together 

I'm not defending CGC, I am complaining with you

Yeesh, gotcha. That is not good. Unfortunately once it's cracked CGC could claim it wasn't them who did it. 

On 5/4/2021 at 8:53 AM, Phill the Governor said:

Is it just me or does everyone feel the same way?

I've heard it said elsewhere, but it feels like CGC is grading my book and PGX is encapsulating it. Every one of my submissions over the last year has had a damaged book or a problem with the slab.

I wasn't looking forward to contributing to this thread, but I feel compelled to do so. Speaking of PGX, the main reason I stopped getting comics graded with PGX (besides the better reputation of CGC and higher prices of CGC-graded comics) is because of a lapse in PGX's quality control: I received multiple orders of graded comics that had particles stuck in the cases I could not remove, and my last order with PGX in particular was consistently undergraded, which I mostly have resubmitted to CGC and have gotten consistently higher grades (as I suspected).

Returning to CGC, however, I recently received a comic with a particle stuck in the case, which looked like a hair. If it had been a particle other than a hair, I would have let it slide because the particle was not lodged on top of the view of the comic. However, given that a hair can be very off-putting to potential buyers, I decided to send the comic back in for a reholder. To give CGC credit, they did pay for the cost of shipping/handling and gave a free reholder. So they were responsible in trying to make up for their "mechanical error." I just received the reholdered comic today, and unfortunately it now has another particle stuck in the case, on top of the view of the comic. It is small and is not a hair and does not affect the condition of the comic, and thus I think I will let it slide this time. Still, to make the same mistake in quality control twice in a row with the same comic is not a good sign.

20210510_165542.jpg

Untitled-6.jpg