• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Cgc lost pull with comic creators or something that actors are headlining SS?
1 1

27 posts in this topic

Waiting on more comic artist and only I see lately are actors.  How was twin city able to get michelinie for a signing and not Cgc yet?????

21 minutes ago, Dr. Dank said:

Guess you've been oblivious about the current pandemic?

Right, because the whole previous year they were parading everyone out, before a vaccine....   but I guess actors are immune...  :screwy:

1 minute ago, god503 said:

Right, because the whole previous year they were parading everyone out, before a vaccine....   but I guess actors are immune...  :screwy:

lol

That's all I got. 

On 5/4/2021 at 8:08 AM, god503 said:

Actors haven't been working. Artist are still producing, aren't they? I'd imagine there are a lot of over-extended actors right now. 

Actually I was extremely impressed with many of the signature series opportunities over the last year. Bringing back Roy Thomas now has me sending in more that I didn't send the first time around while I won't be sending in for any actors signature series events. Not against others sending in for actors signatures but not doing that on my side. 

I feel like some of the actors they have currently are a tough sell. Like Darcy from Wandavision? Who is sending stuff in for her to sign? And what is she signing? Seems weird. Great actress but to me it’s a poor move by CGC.

On 5/5/2021 at 10:19 PM, comicginger1789 said:

I feel like some of the actors they have currently are a tough sell. Like Darcy from Wandavision? Who is sending stuff in for her to sign? And what is she signing? Seems weird. Great actress but to me it’s a poor move by CGC.

I would only want a photo of her signed, no comic or anything.  But I am sure there are plenty out there that would want to have full cast signatures on comics. 

18 hours ago, xvipah said:

I was hoping they'd let you submit posters for the SS events. Like, an Avengers poster with the actors who played Vision, Wanda, Loki, etc.. would be awesome.

But, no.

Yes...that would make sense

If they made a biopic of Monalisa would it make sense for the actress portraying her to sign the painting?

I get it, there is way more copies of a comic book, but still.....

Diego Luna is a stretch... there are reasonably fewer than ten books that would make sense to have his signature on and MCS is almost sold out of all of them.

Here's my only actors books. In hindsight I really should have gotten the entire cast when the one signing was negotiated. Who knew Bill Paxton would die so young.

One more I would really like is a Linda Hamilton, Arnold Swartzenegger and Lance Herinkson Terminator book.

20210508_204950.jpg