• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Uncanny X-MEN #1 (1963)
4 4

26 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

I wouldn't press this book. It won't improve the grade and doubt it will improve the appearance. My guess is that the value realized pre and post press would be the same. You would just be out the pressing fees (~$150) and the extended time it adds to get the book graded. 

What he said, just flip it as is.

On 5/4/2021 at 3:34 PM, kcma said:

Thanks to everyone for the helpful feedback!

Forgive me for another question as I try to wrap my head around this... but what's the relationship between a comics valuation and its desirability?  Just because this comic might have a book value of $5000 (or pick any value you choose), does that mean I'll find a buyer at that price with some of the best parts missing (title, issue number, date, publisher)?  I ask because I'm hesitant to spend $200+ to rate a comic that no one wants.  I'm sure I can find a much more affordable way to protect and preserve it.

Well, a .5 with a full cover, just sold for $4000.00+......with a full cover....imo yours would sell, but I think it's a tougher sale .....