• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Im new and found hundreds of comics... Help please

26 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, C.L said:

my best friends family. Theres bins full but these two seem to have popped up alot on google so I used these as examples. 

Joking aside, I'd recommend you make an inventory list of all the books.  The vast majority of these copper and modern era comics will be worth next to nothing.  To determine whether you have any of value, you can either show the list to someone knowledgeable or you can look them up one by one either using E-Bay or the Overstreet Comic Price Guide to get a better sense of value.

With this era of comics, they'd have to be in essentially brand new shape with no creases, tears, color breaks, indentations, stains, or other defects to even potentially have collectibles value.  If you want insights on the grade of any book, please take it out of the bag and either photograph or scan both front and back cover - otherwise, people can't give you any grading help.

Edited by namisgr

1 hour ago, Lazyboy said:
1 hour ago, ExNihilo said:

There's a part of me that hopes OP posts pics of Action Comics 1 and 'tec 27, just so we can fall over ourselves with what dumb luck some people have.  I'm rooting for you OP!

So close!

missed it by that much.gif

I actually just had a similar situation. 

Weird story, but my father works for a defunked Art College (and soon to be refunked). A comic collector (former student) donated thousands of comics to the school to be "file copies" for the artists to reference. 

The school wanted them gone and my dad asked me to go through and sell them and donate the $$ to the school.  It worked out to about 5k comics from bronze to moderns with a few SA.  It seemed all the keys were mysteriously missing (with a few exceptions), probably picked through by students over the years.  

Anyway, what is your goal? 

If you want details into how to sell them I can go into exhausting detail. It is hard work.

If you want to know the keys and if you should keep them or grade them, that's a more complicated question. First, you need to identify them, which is tough. Second, it's all about the condition. What may appear to be minor imperfections can significantly lower the grade and value of copper and modern books. 

Good luck and feel free to PM with specific questions. 

21 hours ago, C.L said:

Hello, I found hundreds maybe thousands of comics. I found three that might be of importance. What should I do? 

This would be like me buying boxes of ....auto parts.....I would have no idea what I have....you either have to do the homework, or list on Marketplace and let the spinning wheel spin...... depends how much time you want to put into it.....

20 hours ago, serling1978 said:

To me selling most of those that we can see in the pics would be more trouble than it's worth. I've got a bin and multiple boxes of stuff like that in my basement that I'm too lazy to sell. So I speak from experience. 

There is a certain ill-formed, nay twisted, logic in that statement! xD