• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Scammer Alert: Andrew37 and Hayden Lewis

16 posts in this topic

Here are the facts:

I posted a want to buy ad for a NM Conan 58.

Was contacted by Andrew37.  He told me he wasn't in the U.S., so he couldn't buy the book, so he as passing on a lead to me.  Interestingly, his member name won't let me email him now.  But he told me his friend, Hayden Lewis had the book for sale.

Hayden sent me a picture of the book...complete with a water mark that says "mycomicshop".  I wrote back and asked him if it was the actual book for sale and he told me "yes".

30 minutes ago, Westy Steve said:

Trying to post it where more people will see it so it will help more people.

You haven't really clarified exactly what happened 

Also, that doesn't matter. There is board structure for a reason

5 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

You haven't really clarified exactly what happened 

Also, that doesn't matter. There is board structure for a reason

Ok, on the one hand you want more clarification than the bullet point synopsis in my first post.  But in your next sentence, you're saying not to post here.  Which do you want?  This is a GENERAL posting area, is it not?  What's the order of "General"?  Further, my post is clearly marked as Scammer Alert and gives the names...you didn't even have to open the thread to be warned unless you wanted more info.

FYI: A guy is scamming people through the Want to Buy ads...thereby bypassing the sales area completely and never putting up a reportable post...this won't help sellers much.  I'd rather err on the side of breaking etiquette to protect the people.  But I'm not sure I did since this is a general area. 

Edited by Westy Steve

8 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

Here are the facts:

I posted a want to buy ad for a NM Conan 58.

Was contacted by Andrew37.  He told me he wasn't in the U.S., so he couldn't buy the book, so he as passing on a lead to me.  Interestingly, his member name won't let me email him now.  But he told me his friend, Hayden Lewis had the book for sale.

Hayden sent me a picture of the book...complete with a water mark that says "mycomicshop".  I wrote back and asked him if it was the actual book for sale and he told me "yes".

thanks for the heads up !!

6 hours ago, Westy Steve said:

Ok, on the one hand you want more clarification than the bullet point synopsis in my first post.  But in your next sentence, you're saying not to post here.  Which do you want?  This is a GENERAL posting area, is it not?  What's the order of "General"?  Further, my post is clearly marked as Scammer Alert and gives the names...you didn't even have to open the thread to be warned unless you wanted more info.

FYI: A guy is scamming people through the Want to Buy ads...thereby bypassing the sales area completely and never putting up a reportable post...this won't help sellers much.  I'd rather err on the side of breaking etiquette to protect the people.  But I'm not sure I did since this is a general area. 

You obviously didn't, so my bad.

Generally, the probation threads are where I'm used to perusing this kind of thing

2 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

You obviously didn't, so my bad.

Generally, the probation threads are where I'm used to perusing this kind of thing

Comics General is FULL of these type threads. Has been for many moons. Can't put someone on probation that keeps popping up with different handles.

The original warning thread from a few months ago should be brought here as well 2c

BEWARE Ben67 SCAMMER - Comics Market - Want To Buy! - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

1 minute ago, Pitboss said:

Comics General is FULL of these type threads. Has been for many moons. Can't put someone on probation that keeps popping up with different handles.

The original warning thread from a few months ago should be brought here as well 2c

BEWARE Ben67 SCAMMER - Comics Market - Want To Buy! - CGC Comic Book Collectors Chat Boards (cgccomics.com)

Would help with a search function....oh wait