• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Has the value boom hit Pre Hero Marvels?

6 posts in this topic

Yes. Prices have been strong on the PHM books as well for the last several months.

A TOS 2 in 8.0 went for $6,500 and a (unicorn) TOS 37 in 9.8 (!!!) went for $13,800.

Fin Fang Foom (ST89) got a price bump due to some movie rumors....

Overall the PHM market has been very healthy.

-bc

Prices will increase as those books for years have been underrated, you might want to check out the two Ditko marvel masterworks reprints, those books show the quality of art and story...great buys..super buys especially unrestored and ungraded books...best deal out there for SA marvels

1 hour ago, bc said:

Yes. Prices have been strong on the PHM books as well for the last several months.

A TOS 2 in 8.0 went for $6,500 and a (unicorn) TOS 37 in 9.8 (!!!) went for $13,800.

Fin Fang Foom (ST89) got a price bump due to some movie rumors....

Overall the PHM market has been very healthy.

-bc

Any movie better include the origin of his tailor...  :fear:

Pre-Code/Pre Hero JIM (1 - 33, I have 11 issues between 1- 33) and ST(1 - 42, I have 14 issues between 1 - 42) are the only runs I have not completed.

I stopped trying over 12 years ago, the prices then were getting out of hand.

I have no problem with "Well Loved" books (PR 0.5, FR 1.0, FR/GD 1.5) but even copies in that condition were selling for $100.00 + and as I have gotten older I can no longer see spending that kind of money for a comic book.

So, basically, if the prices continue to rise it will benefit my kids when they sell my books after I am gone.