• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 316
3 3

14 posts in this topic

So this is such a gorgeous copy on the outside, but I don't know what to make of what's going on inside. I've seen those sort of folded lines on pages before but what concerns me more is that weird spot on the back half of the comic which actually makes a bit of a hole in some of the pages. Anyone know what this is and how it happens? As well as how it would affect the grade? It looks like some small round object was pushed on the page. Is it part of the printing process? I have another copy (from the same collection) which has the same "issues" on the inside of the comic.

IMG_7750.JPG

IMG_7751.JPG

IMG_7752.JPG

IMG_7753.JPG

IMG_7754.JPG

IMG_7755.JPG

IMG_7756.JPG

IMG_7757.JPG

IMG_7758.JPG

IMG_7759.JPG

IMG_7760.JPG

IMG_7761.JPG

IMG_7762.JPG

IMG_7763.JPG

IMG_7764.JPG

IMG_7765.JPG

IMG_7766.JPG

IMG_7767.JPG

IMG_7768.JPG

IMG_7769.JPG

IMG_7770.JPG

IMG_7771.JPG

Edited by Eclipse9965

Hi, sorry I can’t help with the grade (just got back in to collecting after years away). But as a printer I can tell you that the mark on the inside page is caused by dirt on the rollers during the printing process. The lines as well. Not sure how it would hurt the grade as it would have come straight off the press like that. Good luck. 

2 hours ago, PWB75 said:

Hi, sorry I can’t help with the grade (just got back in to collecting after years away). But as a printer I can tell you that the mark on the inside page is caused by dirt on the rollers during the printing process. The lines as well. Not sure how it would hurt the grade as it would have come straight off the press like that. Good luck. 

Thank you for posting. Yes, it looks production related to me and shouldn't hurt the grade. 

4 hours ago, PWB75 said:

Thank you this is very helpful!