• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Bruce Timm head shots on AlbertMoy.com?
2 2

46 posts in this topic

On 5/19/2021 at 6:03 PM, John E. said:

I find it funny that a lot of reps and dealers emulate your sales strategy, but they don't emulate this (budget pieces). Tsk. Tsk.

Huh...which reps/dealers emulate what I do? I hadn't noticed.lol

Yeah, my buddy Lam calls most reps these days "Felix tribute bands". I'm most amused by the rep who told people early on that what I did was "stupid", "wouldn't work", and a "waste of time". And of course, now he's a verbatim clone and copying everything he can to the best of his ability (with help).

No doubt some of what I do is still regarded as a waste of time, but when it comes to budget pieces, at least a couple of them are now using our 6X9 sketch model as an affordable commission option for fans. More reps are now making prelims available, too. As @Marwai says, it's the same work for less money, but I do enjoy getting art out to fans. I don't consider that a waste of time.

Edited by Nexus

1 hour ago, Nexus said:

When you've been in the hobby a while, it always feels like there's an influx of new collector whales with endless budgets. You know the one time it doesn't feel like that? When YOU entered the hobby, and to the old-timers, YOU were the new collector whale with the endless budget.

There’s also that white-hot need putting a fire in their belly. When we started out, our want lists were muuuuuuch longer. Getting some great pieces takes the edge off of that, imo. Planet’s cores cool over time, as the crust solidifies and takes shape. 

Edited by Latverian Tourism Board

36 minutes ago, Latverian Tourism Board said:

There’s also that white-hot need putting a fire in their belly. When we started out, our want lists were muuuuuuch longer. Getting some great pieces takes the edge off of that, imo. Planet’s cores cool over time, as the crust solidifies and takes shape. 

...but then, an eruption, as hot lava spills down the side of a mountain, threatening to engulf all the forests and people in its path. Without missing a millisecond's beat, and from out of the depths of the blue ocean, comes a wave of quenching water that melts the lava, saving the town...

28 minutes ago, Rick2you2 said:

...but then, an eruption, as hot lava spills down the side of a mountain, threatening to engulf all the forests and people in its path. Without missing a millisecond's beat, and from out of the depths of the blue ocean, comes a wave of quenching water that melts the lava, saving the town...

Heh. A cover appeared...Mount Kirby is erupting!