• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM ASM 121
3 3

15 posts in this topic

13 minutes ago, Albert Thurgood said:

Maybe I need new glasses but I can only see one small defect on the FC that is no worse on books graded over 9 by CGC. Aside from some marks on the BC, what is the rationale for grading this as low as 7.5?

There are a couple spine tics on the FC, the biggest being the one on the bottom in the black, the other few are very hard to see as they are in the yellow.  All the back issues I think a C&P will take care of mostly so yes I was quite surprised too at all the 7s and 8 being tops.

One thing I don't see much in PGM threads and even though I'm new I'm guilty of as well so I will try to change myself.  I think adding some context or narrative to the grade helps us all learn and understand better as opposed to just throwing the grade out.

8.0-8.5  The two upper corners front and back  are both a bit rough and on the back cover , something is going on in the lower left part of the comic in the "magic set" portion.  It's really difficult to read a light colored comic on a white background. It masks a lot of stuff.. or maybe I need a better monitor.