• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

PGM Web of Spider-Man 1 - Grade is in!
3 3

13 posts in this topic

Thanks a lot for updating this post, a well as your other ones, with CGC certification results.

I assumed these were newly graded in November or December. It's nice to see them as to gauge recent standards. I've heard grading is tight now and I've also heard the opposite.

What I am finding is that staple rust can hit hard.  Your staples look like there could be issues.  Every grading post needs to show staples if in the VF range or above.

The staining is clearly seen on your back cover.  I had this at 8.0 as I read the post.

On 1/7/2022 at 2:48 PM, grendelbo said:

Thanks a lot for updating this post, a well as your other ones, with CGC certification results.

I assumed these were newly graded in November or December. It's nice to see them as to gauge recent standards. I've heard grading is tight now and I've also heard the opposite.

I hear and see the same opinion that there are new graders and the grades are tightening up.

Maybe it implies that CGC is flattening the curve on what is given a higher grade. 

On 1/8/2022 at 3:27 AM, Zegeroth said:

What I am finding is that staple rust can hit hard.  Your staples look like there could be issues.  Every grading post needs to show staples if in the VF range or above.

The staining is clearly seen on your back cover.  I had this at 8.0 as I read the post.

No issues with the staples.