• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ordering at metropolis
2 2

54 posts in this topic

Anyone else having issues. Ordered a book last Fall only to have to call a month or so later asking if they intended on sending my book, in which they replied "sorry, we dropped the ball and we will get it out to you immediately "....Soooo, I figured I'd try it again on 3/28 , mailed out 500 bucks immediately and still no book.. Sorry, but I realize a lot of inventory is on consignment and needs to be shipped to Metro, but that does it for me, I'm tapping out

Edited by Courageous Cat

17 minutes ago, Courageous Cat said:

Anyone else having issues. Ordered a book last Fall only to have to call a month or so later asking if they intended on sending my book, in which they replied "sorry, we dropped the ball and we will get it out to you immediately "....Soooo, I figured I'd try it again on 3/28 , mailed out 500 bucks immediately and still no book.. Sorry, but I realize a lot of inventory is on consignment and needs to be shipped to Metro, but that does it for me, I'm tapping out

I’m sorry to hear this. Must be frustrating. Guess I’ve been lucky, because I haven’t had those problems 

1 hour ago, buttock said:

When I order from them I expect it to take a month.  It's ridiculous, but that's their MO.  Clink used to be slow also, but they cleaned their act up and are now blazing fast on the turnaround.  Not sure why metro/cc can't get their act together.  

Wow...

I've made several purchases over the last few months.  Paid within a day or so of checking out and got books a week or two later.  I have no problems with that turn around.  Grading on raw books was pretty good, also.

If you have an issue, give them a call.  I've always found their customer service to be the best in terms of professionalism.  (shrug)

I wouldn't order anything raw from them.  This book was advertised as a 9.0:

0902201351231.jpg

And this one was advertised as a 6.5:

0902201401241.jpg

I only ordered one other raw book from, and I sent it back because it was so obviously overgraded. They're zero for three with me—three strikes, you're out.

24 minutes ago, Randall Dowling said:

I've made several purchases over the last few months.  Paid within a day or so of checking out and got books a week or two later.  I have no problems with that turn around.  Grading on raw books was pretty good, also.

If you have an issue, give them a call.  I've always found their customer service to be the best in terms of professionalism.  (shrug)

I bought a book on auction from them and had a couple questions. Ive called three times and sent an email and had zero communication back my way. I have found an extreme lack of customer service....I've heard similar occurrences from other friends.

Yes, their raw in-house grade will probably be a point higher than the CGC grade.  Who's isn't?  But they talk in detail to me and answer all my questions very honestly.  Unlike others.

From the website ....

OUR SHIPPING POLICY

From the time Metropolis Collectibles receives your payment, please allow up to 2-3 weeks for your items to be shipped.

Some things require a little patience, but is worth it in the end.

...GOD BLESS....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

9 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:

From the website ....

OUR SHIPPING POLICY

From the time Metropolis Collectibles receives your payment, please allow up to 2-3 weeks for your items to be shipped.

Some things require a little patience, but is worth it in the end.

...GOD BLESS....

So they're not even managing to be true to their own very loose shipping standard? Maybe they need to update it to 2 weeks to 2 months.

3 minutes ago, bb8 said:

So they're not even managing to be true to their own very loose shipping standard? Maybe they need to update it to 2 weeks to 2 months.

They do say "shipped" and not delivered ... so if you add 1 week for the check to arrive and then 1 week for the package to arrive, it can be as much as 5 weeks. GOD BLESS....

... when I first started getting mail order in the late 60's it could be 2 months before books arrived :preach:

17 minutes ago, ChillMan said:

Yes, their raw in-house grade will probably be a point higher than the CGC grade.  Who's isn't?

Depends if CGC is going through a tight grading period or a loose grading period, or maybe also a case of how much clout you have.  hm

Especially since I find their grading can be kind of all over the place when it comes to the GA books, as their acceptable grading margin of error would appear to be a whole lot wider than on the newer books.  :devil:

19 minutes ago, jimjum12 said:
24 minutes ago, bb8 said:

They do say "shipped" and not delivered ... so if you add 1 week for the check to arrive and then 1 week for the package to arrive, it can be as much as 5 weeks. GOD BLESS....

To date so far, I've never ever had a problem with them as my order usually gets shipped by the end of the first week, and from there it takes only 2 days since everything gets done by FedEx as it is pretty much the same price as USPS for Int'l delivery.  (thumbsu

Exellent communication as FedEx sends you an email message when the shipping documents have been prepared by CC, another email when it gets picked up stating epxected date of delivery, a third email the day before delivery, an email the morning of the delivery, and finally a follow-up email confirming actual delivery.  :applause:

51 minutes ago, ChillMan said:

Yes, their raw in-house grade will probably be a point higher than the CGC grade.  Who's isn't? 

MyComicShop, 99% of the time.  They're famous for undergrading their raws by a point or so.

(I know, it was a rhetorical question.  But I couldn't resist.)

26 minutes ago, OtherEric said:
1 hour ago, ChillMan said:

MyComicShop, 99% of the time.  They're famous for undergrading their raws by a point or so.

(I know, it was a rhetorical question.  But I couldn't resist.)

There's some really good graders selling on the boards. Bob Storms is very accurate comparable to CGC as well.