• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ordering at metropolis
2 2

54 posts in this topic

35 minutes ago, Black_Adam said:

Of the three times I ordered from them (a few years back - all EC comics), one came back from CGC a point lower than the grade they had guesstimated and the other two came back a point lower AND with undisclosed restoration. Needless to say, I don't have any recent dealings with them to compare as I never ordered from them again.

@Artboy99

1 hour ago, pemart1966 said:

Hope that you sent back the 2 restored books...

I believe they offered to take them back and refund the original purchase price but I would have still been out the original shipping and grading (and more shipping) costs which they would not reimburse and, of course, I would have had to pay additional shipping to return them. So instead I ate my losses and sold them to a friend who doesn't mind (disclosed) color touch and was happy to add a couple of sweet ECs to his small collection at a steal of a price.

On 5/7/2021 at 10:58 PM, ChillMan said:

Yes, their raw in-house grade will probably be a point higher than the CGC grade.  Who's isn't?  But they talk in detail to me and answer all my questions very honestly.  Unlike others.

I'll speak extra nice & honest to you if you want to buy my stuff at 2 grades higher than CGC.  

On 5/8/2021 at 4:05 PM, piper said:

Yes, I’ve had issues with very delayed shipping and unreturned phone calls. 

and this.

My last CGC purchase I paid for the book immediately after getting the invoice but my payment was "cancelled by vendor" according to my bank. I wanted to contact them to see what was the issue, as the amount was under the maximum they state on their website.

I sent emails with the order information and never heard from them. I then started phoning in the morning, at lunch and before they close every single day for weeks (harassment???). Never hear from them. One day I actually get through but the person who answered doesn't work in billing and was going to hang up. I pleaded with him to help me and he literally walked the phone to the billing department and handed it to a guy who took my credit card info for payment. 

Regarding that book: the colors were so jacked up on the website it completely misrepresents the book. I was going to return it, but Piper talked me into keeping it. 

I've found Heritage to be exactly bang on with every raw book I've bought from them and then had graded, but I agree MyComicShop 100% under grades their stuff.

Metropolis however vastly over grades, and out of all online stores, I have received the most undisclosed restored books from them (always given a credit though once it was caught, as I have not bought anything more than $300 from them - but it still sucks)

Edited by Sauce Dog

On 5/8/2021 at 1:52 AM, OtherEric said:

MyComicShop, 99% of the time.  They're famous for undergrading their raws by a point or so.

(I know, it was a rhetorical question.  But I couldn't resist.)

yup !

2 hours ago, Courageous Cat said:

update. shipped today!

Congrats, let us know if it makes it there safely, how long it takes for the media mail package to get there,  how poorly graded it was, what undisclosed resto it has, how long it takes you to get a hold of anyone at the company, how long it takes you to get a hold of anyone that feels like being helpful....

I could go on but I think you may get how my past dealings with them have gone.  

I dealt with Stephen from 1979 on from CBG buyers guide he knows how to grade and find resto (tsk) The problem is He got really big with ever thing and i am sure he don't even get involved with grading or resto check. Whole new group of people no more @Robot Man @Mmehdy but we still have @MrBedrock still a small guy See the source image