• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Oceans11 California Gold Rush sale...
7 7

129 posts in this topic

Sorry for being out of order but my scanned stack got shuffled so everything is kinda random here.

Tales of Horror 9 G/VG The biggest problem here is that top corner that has some pieces loose. Some tics on the spine (ok, more than just "some") but this is such a cool cover from a great series. Knocked this down as I just realized centerfold is detached. Also this book was produced with only 1 staple at the bottom, so it is missing top staple. I don't see hole in the pages for it, so it appears it was production error.

$70 SOLD fifties

tales of horror 9 a.jpg

tales of horror 9 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Captain Science 2 G/VG with that rip on the bottom corner. It's all there and the book presents well in  a mylar but it's ripped. But who's really looking at the bottom corner with all that's going on with the cover. And yes, it's one of the infamous cover swipes with the UFO's being swiped from another book.  Take home this great cover for a steal at:

$100 SOLD Miamiknight3434

Captain Science 2 a.jpg

Captain Science 2 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Just now, oceans11 said:

Captain Science 2 G/VG with that rip on the bottom corner. It's all there and the book presents well in  a mylar but it's ripped. But who's really looking at the bottom corner with all that's going on with the cover. And yes, it's one of the infamous cover swipes with the UFO's being swiped from another book.  Take home this great cover for a steal at:

$100

Captain Science 2 a.jpg

Captain Science 2 b.jpg

take

Mister Mystery 19 G It's worn on the edges. It's missing a piece at the bottom right. It's a little muted for the colors. Some kid read this book over and over and it shows. But it's just a great series and I love the cover on this one.

$100

Mister Mystery 19 a.jpg

Mister Mystery 19 b.jpg

Mister Mystery 3 G/VG It's giant bugs, oh the horror. Seriously this series is so good. 1"spine split at top. Small piece out of right side. Did I mention giant bugs? I'll include the backing board where the prior owner made some notes about the book.

$150 SOLD Eddy707

Mister Mystery 3 a.jpg

Mister Mystery 3 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Mister Mystery 2 G Looks and presents nicer. It's really a beautiful book with the dark black and rich red and just super creepy creature caught in the flashlight. But.. someone went a bit overboard with crayons and there is some on the back and some all over the one interior page. So it's G condition at best with that and it's a shame as it is otherwise gorgeous. Steal this one for :

$100 SOLD SkOw

Mister Mystery 2 a.jpg

Mister Mystery 2 b.jpg

Mister Mystery 2 int.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Underworld Crime 1 VG Violent as good pre-code crime should be. Not sure any of this is PC these days. But I so dig these Golden Age crime books. This one presents nice except for the slight fade on the red at the top, and it's a true #1 issue. 

$100 SOLD Jonathan78

Underworld Crime 1 a.jpg

Underworld Crime 1 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Green Hornet 26  VG/F One of the classic war covers on this series. Caricature villians, soldiers tied up and in peril, and The Green Hornet to the rescue. So good.

$250 SOLD Eddy707

Green Hornet 26 a.jpg

Green Hornet 26 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Beware 9 VG  I always think the title is This Magazine is Fantastic but really it's Beware. Either way this is a crazy cover with the tentacle creature underwater. Standard couple in peril. But yeah, crazy cover and just a solid pre-code horror title.

$250

Beware 9 a.jpg

Beware 9 b.jpg

Edited by oceans11

Ok, last book for the evening. 

Haunt of Fear 24 VG 1" spine split at the bottom. Used in the senate hearings. I'm sure if you're here on this forum you already know about EC books so you know how cool they are. They're heating up from what I can see and rightfully so. They're that good. 

$260

Haunt of Fear 24 a.jpg

Haunt of Fear 24 b.jpg

12 minutes ago, oceans11 said:

Mister Mystery 2 G Looks and presents nicer. It's really a beautiful book with the dark black and rich red and just super creepy creature caught in the flashlight. But.. someone went a bit overboard with crayons and there is some on the back and some all over the one interior page. So it's G condition at best with that and it's a shame as it is otherwise gorgeous. Steal this one for :

$100

Mister Mystery 2 a.jpg

Mister Mystery 2 b.jpg

Mister Mystery 2 int.jpg

Take 

8 hours ago, oceans11 said:

Tales of Horror 6 VG- Some wear along spine and a crease down middle of the book. Still a classic horror cover that presents well.

$250

Tales of Horror 6 a.jpg

Tales of Horror 6 b.jpg

Flash sale for the late night or early morning crowd...

Reduced to $200. Surely a girl in a test tube is worth at least that.