• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

STOLEN BOOK
1 1

32 posts in this topic

Due to Covid, they are allowed a more liberal interpretation of the protocol ... this is what I was told by a senior guy there. For example, they can leave a notice saying they attempted delivery, even though they didn't, so they don't have to interact with you, and you have to go to they facility to sign for it. It's safety, so they don't get reprimanded. I prefer this to just leaving it on the porch ... the lesser of two evils, I suppose. GOD BLESS...

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Edited by jimjum12

6 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

yeah, not going to work in a bigger city .. i used to have the same mailman for 15 years and then another for 10

now the mailman changes every month of not sooner

same here, and also the ups driver

10 hours ago, Mercury Man said:

Don't know how far Glen Cove is from Manhattan without Googling it, but this is disturbing- 

https://www.silive.com/coronavirus/2021/01/more-than-half-nyc-residents-had-package-stolen-in-2020-report-says.html

Glen Cove is a lovely suburban area about 30-40 minutes east of Manhattan. As 1950s war comics says, very likely a case of a package left on someone's porch. I'd say sadly there's been an uptick of petty theft like this in the past year, both in and out of NYC.

We have questionable neighbors. After my son's jeep was cheesed one night, we invested in one of those security cameras pointed to the front of the house. It covers both the driveway and walk to the front stoop. Not that expensive either. Nothing bad has happened since we got it, but I'm kind of hoping it does, just so I can see how it works.

I've had CGC shipments both taken to the PO, and just left at the front door without signing. Honestly, I'm ok with it, who really wants to interact with anyone right now?  :) Though I think that's starting to go away with people getting vaccinated, etc...

I did also set up electronic signature online, so if I want to I can sign it there in my Informed Delivery and they don't have to look for me. Haven't used it yet, but it's a nice option.

29 minutes ago, 1950's war comics said:

it's the mailmans job covid or not ... so good on EVERYONE, EVERY SINGLE PERSON who buys and sell comics on eBay

If Walmart emplyees can interact with hundreds of customers every day mail carriers should be able to deal with the occasional one.