• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Nit Picky - Ebay listings Pet Peeve

100 posts in this topic

It's very nit picky and is a BIG pet peeve of mine, perhaps I over react. That being said,

I like to browse books on Ebay searching by age(Golden, Silver, Bronze, etc.). It sucks that I have to browse through books that are obviously not from that particular age, to find those that are. Search results return 312 matches, but only 1/3 match search criteria.

I get it, Modern FF book will get more exposure when listed as a Silver or Bronze. That or sellers are oblivious or just ignorant as to what age a comic actually from. Perhaps just a simple error. I believe it's primarily a marketing ploy.

I won't buy a book if it's not listed properly. I've found books I've wanted, listed incorrectly, and I won't purchase them either(out of pure spite for sure). I'll just wait to find book later. If I don't oh well, can't win'em all.

How do other buyers feel and what about other listing pet peeves? There's not many right?:flamed:

Wrong category wouldn’t stop me from buying a book I really want, it could even be an advantage on price if others aren’t seeing it. Maybe try to zero in more on your search terms... for example if looking for Byrne era X-Men, add “Byrne” as an additional search word. You might already know this, but you can also exclude certain pesky search terms by placing a minus sign with no space before a search word... I do that “-manga” “-tpb” for example...

Edited by iggy
Typo

I also hate keyword spamming.  I like to buys "lots" of SA books-and some sellers list one book with the word "lot" to get more views.  No I'm not gonna magically change my mind about what I am seeking, dufus.

24 minutes ago, kav said:

I also hate keyword spamming.  I like to buys "lots" of SA books-and some sellers list one book with the word "lot" to get more views.  No I'm not gonna magically change my mind about what I am seeking, dufus.

That's what she said. 

If you really want to be annoyed try scrolling through the Platinum Age category. Almost no one who lists books there, including full time dealers, seems to understand what sort of books belong there. I can forgive early Golden Age, or somewhat related non-comic items from the same era, but really it should just be titled Random Comic Books from All Eras. However, sellers who actually put "Platinum Age" in their listing title, generally are selling Platinum Age Comics. 

9 minutes ago, Nazirite said:

Why have a best offer listing if your only accepting 5 dollars off?

The best offer is a default option if you aren't using a previous listing as a template. I think some sellers don't always realize when a book has it. I once offered $20 for $25 book with a best offer option, and it was auto-rejected, so for the hell of it I offered $24 to see what would happen, that was rejected too.

Just now, rjpb said:

The best offer is a default option if you aren't using a previous listing as a template. I think some sellers don't always realize when a book has it. I once offered $20 for $25 book with a best offer option, and it was auto-rejected, so for the hell of it I offered $24 to see what would happen, that was rejected too.

Makes sense, I did read once on here that if my offer is auto rejected, just eBay the buyer. 

1 minute ago, rjpb said:

:roflmao:

2 hours ago, kav said:

Technically, a single auction listing is a lot regardless of the number of items