• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Man assaulted in Target parking lot over sports trading cards
1 1

46 posts in this topic

On 5/12/2021 at 4:52 PM, William-James88 said:

I thought only old cards were the ones people were after and the ones selling for big money. 2021 Pokemon cards have value?

Seriously?  

31 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

Y'all act like you're not old enough to remember Cabbage Patch Kids.  

I remember working in a store when furbies were hot.  I got out of the way of the rushing hoard when the store opened in the morning after my shift. 

It was the same everyday. 

Just now, greggy said:

I remember working in a store when furbies were hot.  I got out of the way of the rushing hoard when the store opened in the morning after my shift. 

Ha.  I will admit that I was a goon lined up outside of a Toys R Us on Long Island back in 1995 waiting for the store to open so I could run and grab the reissue of Slave-1 from the Star Wars POTF2 line.  It was a direct reissue from the vintage Star Wars lines.  As the store opened, everyone ran and one guy slipped on the turn and broke his ankle.  I stopped as I considered the live choices that led me there.  I walked to the toy aisle and saw that that there was one with a tear in the box that people were ignoring so I took that one home while people were fighting for it.  That was the last day I ever ran or rushed for anything in a store.  Not on Black Friday.  Not on Christmas... It's just not worth it.   People are getting into it these days over discounted TV's at Walmart.   Just not worth it. 

I have seen people race and get into it over Startling Lineups, Star Wars 1995-1998 figures, Power Rangers, Tickle Me Elmos and the like.  This stuff is nothing new. 

My dad worked at Sears as a second job during the Cabbage Patch craze and he has some interesting stories to tell. Whenever they got them in stock it was all hands on deck as far as security went. There is long time board member here who worked with my dad but he does not post much anymore.  I know he has stories to tell.  

17 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:
28 minutes ago, greggy said:

Ha.  I will admit that I was a goon lined up outside of a Toys R Us on Long Island back in 1995 waiting for the store to open so I could run and grab the reissue of Slave-1 from the Star Wars POTF2 line.  It was a direct reissue from the vintage Star Wars lines.  As the store opened, everyone ran and one guy slipped on the turn and broke his ankle.  I stopped as I considered the live choices that led me there.  I walked to the toy aisle and saw that that there was one with a tear in the box that people were ignoring so I took that one home while people were fighting for it.  That was the last day I ever ran or rushed for anything in a store.  Not on Black Friday.  Not on Christmas... It's just not worth it.   People are getting into it these days over discounted TV's at Walmart.   Just not worth it. 

I have seen people race and get into it over Startling Lineups, Star Wars 1995-1998 figures, Power Rangers, Tickle Me Elmos and the like.  This stuff is nothing new. 

My dad worked at Sears as a second job during the Cabbage Patch craze and he has some interesting stories to tell. Whenever they got them in stock it was all hands on deck as far as security went. There is long time board member here who worked with my dad but he does not post much anymore.  I know he has stories to tell.

I too remember so many examples of this madness. Definitely the Furbys, Cabbage Patch, Tickle me Elmo, Power Ranger, Star Wars, Nintendo ( Then again with the Power Glove, Wii, DS,  ) , Care Bears, Razor Scooters, Beanie Babies, Transformers, Frozen Elsa Dolls( although just about anything Frozen when it came out), Zhu Zhu Pets, Teddy Ruxpin, I pod, I pad, Xbox 360 , Playstation 3(again with 5 ) , and just so many more  it could be a thread of its own . Just sad how many times and how often this happens. 

1 minute ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

I too remember so many examples of this madness. Definitely the Furbys, Cabbage Patch, Tickle me Elmo, Power Ranger, Star Wars, Nintendo ( Then again with the Power Glove, Wii, DS,  ) , Care Bears, Razor Scooters, Beanie Babies, Transformers, Frozen Elsa Dolls( although just about anything Frozen when it came out), Zhu Zhu Pets, Teddy Ruxpin, I pod, I pad, Xbox 360 , Playstation 3(again with 5 ) , and just so many more  it could be a thread of its own . Just sad how many times and how often this happens. 

I remember playing with my youngest niece's original tickle me Elmo and boy was it fun.

It was worth the fighting although she got it before the buzz.

xoxo

greggy

Just now, greggy said:

I remember playing with my youngest niece's original tickle me Elmo and boy was it fun.

It was worth the fighting although she got it before the buzz.

xoxo

greggy

FB_IMG_1545938281779.jpg.e7d313447bd291870e465990c6c9d016.jpg

Jokes aside.  I did manage to get one for my daughter, but like you said it was before the insanely.  Still have it, but it is well worn.