• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

ASM #300 or STAR WARS CLONE WARS #1
1 1

46 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Animated cels and movie props are one of a kind type items.  That's a whole other beast.  

I think most Star Wars fans would put the action figures right at the top of the list and the prototype Bobas have always been in demand.  Rare is the Star Wars fan that only focuses on the comic books.

We agree on one of a kinds not being "appearances".

But every die hard SW fan knows Boba's "first appearance" was in the holiday special. After that it must be specified... 1st appearance in a movie, 1st appearance in print, 1st appearance in a comic or magazine, 1s appearance as an action figure, etc. 

31 minutes ago, jcjames said:

We agree on one of a kinds not being "appearances".

But every die hard SW fan knows Boba's "first appearance" was in the holiday special. After that it must be specified... 1st appearance in a movie, 1st appearance in print, 1st appearance in a comic or magazine, 1s appearance as an action figure, etc. 

Agreed.  After the holiday special would be the Kenner mail away right?  First mass marketed Boba item.

6 minutes ago, Broke as a Joke said:

Agreed.  After the holiday special would be the Kenner mail away right?  First mass marketed Boba item.

I suppose, but it doesn't have the same "1st appearance" ring to it as "1st appearance in comicbooks".

Back on topic.... when in doubt, get both

20210513_210550-1.jpg

On 5/8/2021 at 3:14 PM, herecomestheboom said:

I on the other hand thought ASM #300 was the better book to own and/or invest in. Arguably introduced the best “new” comic character from the past 30 years, the fact spidey’s rogue gallery is amongst the very best (bar maybe Batman’s), the iconic nature of the cover, the fact there still is room to grow, the McFarlane factor, the track record of ASM titles etc. I just felt this was the smarter and safer option.

Another point is that there many comics that do a ASM #300 homage cover. Don't see many for Star Wars Clones #1