• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is most expensive non superhero comics? ...most expensive non Marvel/DC comic?
1 1

71 posts in this topic

33 minutes ago, InfantTerrible said:

Hello friends, 

Simple questions:

1. What is most expensive non superhero comic?

2. What is most expensive non DC, non Marvel/Timely comic?

3. What is most expensive ancient or platinum age comic?

great question good to know.

2 minutes ago, BitterOldMan said:

Archie 1 would be the answer to questions 1 and 2.  Barks books are plentiful even in high grade.  

Top platinum book is Yellow Kid in McFadden Flats according to 20-21 Overstreet or you can ask Beerbohm, who has been banned.

great answer!

Well if illustrated book counts,i would like to get my hand on vingt milles lieux sous les mers par jules verne first edition in mint condition(hey i am allowed to dream right?):x

Edited by Namtak

24 minutes ago, Namtak said:

Well if illustrated book counts,i would like to get my hand on vingt milles lieux sous les mers par jules verne first edition in mint condition(hey i am allowed to dream right?):x

no, illustrated book is not the same category as comic. Ancient illustrated books go all the way back to the 15th century

Edited by InfantTerrible

Famous Funnies wouldn't be the most expensive non-hero book? First monthly comic?

And I would think the most expensive illustrated book would be either a Gutenberg Bible - if they count - or Shakespeare's first folio. I think the first time his works were collected was in 1523 if memory serves? Don't quote me on that lol 

Not sure if those are illustrated enough to count though?

3 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Famous Funnies wouldn't be the most expensive non-hero book? First monthly comic?

And I would think the most expensive illustrated book would be either a Gutenberg Bible - if they count - or Shakespeare's first folio. I think the first time his works were collected was in 1523 if memory serves? Don't quote me on that lol 

Not sure if those are illustrated enough to count though?

lol, the Gutenberg Bible.... who are we ...Bill Gates?  How much is that worth anyway.. .def more than an  Action  1.  

4 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

lol, the Gutenberg Bible.... who are we ...Bill Gates?  How much is that worth anyway.. .def more than an  Action  1.  

Very hard to say what it'd be worth today. The last sale was in like 1987 for a bit under $6 million. If one came up for sale today I imagine it'd break into the $100M+ range. Imagine if Bezos and Musk both decide they want it these things were printed in the 15th century... they're rare...

First book printed on a press! Let's talk some real dang keys lol 

Just now, BoogieWoogie said:

Very hard to say what it'd be worth today. The last sale was in like 1987 for a bit under $6 million. If one came up for sale today I imagine it'd break into the $100M+ range. Imagine if Bezos and Musk both decide they want it these things were printed in the 15th century... they're rare...

The Neolithic key,wonder if CGC would slab it.  I know Yale University owns a copy and same with  old Bill Gates... not sure who  else has one...

1 minute ago, Wolverinex said:

The Neolithic key,wonder if CGC would slab it.  I know Yale University owns a copy and same with  old Bill Gates... not sure who  else has one...

Damn. I thought the thing about Gates was a joke. Holy hell a Gutenberg Bible.

Wonder if he lets his mistresses look at it hm

38 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Wow i have 6 of these!  I had no idea!

25 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:
32 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Damn. I thought the thing about Gates was a joke. Holy hell a Gutenberg Bible.

Wonder if he lets his mistresses look at it hm

You know he does...  is that what happened with his marriage? 

There’s a Police Academy and a Three Men and a Baby joke someplace in this, but I’m too tired to put a clever comedic bow on it.