• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What is most expensive non superhero comics? ...most expensive non Marvel/DC comic?
1 1

71 posts in this topic

49 minutes ago, BoogieWoogie said:
51 minutes ago, Wolverinex said:

The Neolithic key,wonder if CGC would slab it.  I know Yale University owns a copy and same with  old Bill Gates... not sure who  else has one...

Damn. I thought the thing about Gates was a joke. Holy hell a Gutenberg Bible.

Wonder if he lets his mistresses look at it hm

Probably worth the week of grossness associated with it.

Just now, Readcomix said:

It is, but there’s heroes in it too, so I think others passed it over as an answer in the spirit of the question. 

Ah, yeah. I’ve never actually seen a copy 

3 hours ago, Dr. Dank said:

3. Where can I find a collector society that is full of collectors and not speculators 

If you find one, let me know.

3 hours ago, Wolverinex said:

lol, the Gutenberg Bible.... who are we ...Bill Gates?  How much is that worth anyway.. .def more than an  Action  1.  

3 hours ago, BoogieWoogie said:

Very hard to say what it'd be worth today. The last sale was in like 1987 for a bit under $6 million. If one came up for sale today I imagine it'd break into the $100M+ range. Imagine if Bezos and Musk both decide they want it these things were printed in the 15th century... they're rare...

First book printed on a press! Let's talk some real dang keys lol 

Bill Gates does have rare manuscripts/books collection but I don't know if he owns a copy of Gutenberg bible or not....He owns Codex Leicester, 72 pages of Leonardo da Vinci's hand drawings/writings, probably the most valuable manuscript ever came up in auction

1 hour ago, catman76 said:

The highest price paid for a non superhero comic book...

$262,000 - Suspense Comics #3

$167,000 - Archie #1

$138,000 - Archie #1

$116,000 - Walt Disney's Comics and Stories #1

$108,000 - Planet Comics #1

$101,000 - Startling Comics #49

1 hour ago, catman76 said:

Highest prices paid for Platinum age comic books...

$9.560 - The Adventures of Mr. Obadiah Oldbuck (Brother Jonathan Extra IX Bookstand Edition) 1842

$7,170 - Mickey Mouse the Mail Pilot Big Little Book 1933

$6,572 - The Yellow Kid in McFadden's Flats 1897

$5,377 - The Adventures of Mr. Obadiah Oldbuck (Brother Jonathan Extra IX Bookstand Edition) 1842

$4,780 - The Adventures of Mr. Obadiah Oldbuck (Brother Jonathan Extra IX Bookstand Edition) 1842

$4,481 - Dreams of the Rarebit Fiend 1905

$4,182 - The Yellow Kid in McFadden's Flats 1897

$3,883 - Detective Dan, Secret Op. 48 (1933)

$3,585 - The Adventures of Mr. Obadiah Oldbuck (Brother Jonathan Extra IX Bookstand Edition) 1842

$3,107 - The Adventures of Mr. Obadiah Oldbuck (Brother Jonathan Extra IX Bookstand Edition) 1842

Amazing data @catman76 thank you

though I'm surprised they platinum age prices are nowhere near the Marvel key books prices

4 minutes ago, HotKey said:

Dammit I used to have a gutenberg bible but I traded it for 2 Turok #1s.

ouch