• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

[CLOSED] Golden Age for sale. Thread recapped on page 9 with final discounts added.
8 8

180 posts in this topic

16 hours ago, Frisco Larson said:

Pep #59 3.0. Bottom staple detached at the front cover but solid on the back. Staple tears at top staple. Very cool mix of heroes and humor at this point in the run! Shield and Black Hood stories and Suzie gets spanked! $150 SOLD 

Pep 59 f 1.jpg

Pep 59 f 2.jpg

Pep 59 b.jpg

Pep 59 A .jpg

Pep 59 s.jpg

Pep 59 bh.jpg

Pep 59 suzie.jpg

Very cool book. Love the Shield splash! Thanks for posting it Jimmy!

Daredevil #31 3.5 with cream to off white pages. Minor soiling on covers, a spine roll and small staple tears. Death of the Claw issue. Grizzly hanging cover. GPA has a 3.5 sold 9/19 for $175 (tax not included). Grab this one for $165 (thumbsu  SOLD 

DD 31 f.jpg

DD 31 b.jpg

DD 31 claw pg.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

Thunda #2 5.0-5.5 WHITE pages. Rusty staples are the main defect here. Cover and centerfold firmly attached. Very bright cover colors and an overall freshness nice to find in this grade range. GPA no help, but it can be yours for $95. SOLD 

Thunda 2 f.jpg

Thunda 2 b.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

5 minutes ago, skypinkblu said:

Well, I guess I'm Ronnie Rulebook...although I might like Rhonda better;) 

@Frisco Larson

Jim, the current rule is one at a time for each section. That means you can't start a new one until this one falls off the front page, but you COULD change the title...even change it many times.

Nice books!

and math guy...be nice please. We have rules here to protect everyone, and I for one appreciate people giving others heads up, that way people who might have made an error aren't shocked when their thread gets pulled.

Sha, you are now and shall forever BE Sha :smile:  Perhaps "Sha Shares Sharp Shoptalk" fits ya better pal (shrug)

I appreciate everyone helping. I have looked over the guidelines and will proceed in a semi law abiding fashion :whistle:;)

6 minutes ago, Frisco Larson said:

Sha, you are now and shall forever BE Sha :smile:  Perhaps "Sha Shares Sharp Shoptalk" fits ya better pal (shrug)

I appreciate everyone helping. I have looked over the guidelines and will proceed in a semi law abiding fashion :whistle:;)

Except  when I was in H.S., then I was Charlie;) Something about there being more than 1 Sharon and I was voted the one who looked least like a guy;) 

I will stop interrupting your marvelous thread now. Best of luck :foryou:

Uncle Sam Quarterly #4 let's say 2.0 although the cover image presents nicer for the grade. Ok, lots of tape repairs, mostly over small tears. Tape on inside cover spine at the staples and on 1st wrap at the staples. Tape over bottom staple on front cover. Several small pieces of tape on small tears on interior pages. Pages are nice off white, not brittle at all. Small piece off of bottom corner of the last page, barely touches art, but not any words. Big spine roll too. Oh and Hitler appears in a story too!!! GPA reports a sale in 2.0 a year ago on 5/20 for $250. My price is $200. SOLD 

USQ 4 f.jpg

USQ 4 b.jpg

USQ 4 1.jpg

USQ 4 2.jpg

USQ 4 3.jpg

USQ 4 hitler.jpg

Edited by Frisco Larson

7 hours ago, skypinkblu said:

and math guy...be nice please. We have rules here to protect everyone, and I for one appreciate people giving others heads up, that way people who might have made an error aren't shocked when their thread gets pulled.

@skypinkblu, I am all for a heads-up. However, I am a big fan of the saying, "Praise in public, criticize in private." Instead of embarrassing a user in front of everyone, wouldn't a PM be just as effective?

Also, a heads-up would only need one post or one PM. My last experience with this type of situation led to the "Ronnie Rulebook" PMing multiple times, even after I had taken appropriate actions.

We all make mistakes. I just don't appreciate someone who tries to embarrass me or is hostile toward me.