• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Marketplace for Collectors - No Commissions Involved
4 4

27 posts in this topic

26 minutes ago, VikramK said:

I was actually thinking of eBay without the commissions (just run ads instead of taking a % of every transaction).  I think if the site ran ads and generated revenue that way, collectors wouldn't have to worry about losing 10%+ on each item sold.

I preffer the idea I had gathered from your initial pitch. This is just one more place for people to sell books, not too interested in that. There's already free options that work well for people. The issue is that it's all over the place.

Tagging Gene so he can add his two cents. @shortboxed

I've been using the app for a while now, and have nothing but great things to say.  Even during a temporary shipping snafu, it's clear their motivation is keeping both sides of a transaction happy.  They absorb paypal/cc fees, and shipping cost.  The only thing you have to do is use the shipping label they send you and drop it off at the post office.  Don't even have to stand in line!  

23 hours ago, aardvark88 said:

Yes, ShortBoxed app is developing a way to upload raw comics, pics, and even allowing Canadians to sell later this year. 10% commission but that includes a potential cr card fee, if the purchaser uses cr card.

Their 10% commission includes the shipping label plus full insurance for the shipping, I've started listing on there.

You should go for it. Ebay before they recently destroyed their search functions was great. No fees with a working search function it would become the number 1 comic site in the world. If you want to eat  the hosting fees great. But after a year or so every member could basically friends and family you a penny for a membership fee and you would make a profit. Ebay with IG Craigslist style transaction.