• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why are there so few Richard Dragon 5s on the Census compared to other Bronze Keys?
1 1

5 posts in this topic

Ideally, you'd send a comic to get graded if it was worthwhile. Of course, there are tons of worthless graded books out there but you'd think that there would at least also be lots of comics sent in where grading is worthwhile. And Richard Dragon 5 (first Lady Shiva) is definitely worthwhile. Everyday we have random people coming to these boards and asking if they should send their book in when it's only worth getting graded if you get a 9.8, but for this issue even an 9.0 can get you a decent sum for a book that was not worth too much a decade ago. So why so few on the census? The first issue, which is worth less, has double the graded copies on the census. Is this book scarcer? The market's pretty good for this book, a nice time to sell, just wondering why the supply ain't there, looks like a no brainer to get graded.

Possibly pretty hard to find in high grade. 10-20 years of being a 25 cent book? A ton of #1s were printed, possibly fewer 5s. I have no idea though, you're right, the book is probabably worth slabbing even in 8.5. My copies were all mid grade, but they were fished out of 25 cent boxes.

6 hours ago, the blob said:

Possibly pretty hard to find in high grade. 10-20 years of being a 25 cent book? A ton of #1s were printed, possibly fewer 5s. I have no idea though, you're right, the book is probabably worth slabbing even in 8.5. My copies were all mid grade, but they were fished out of 25 cent boxes.

Thanks man, always love to hear your thoughts on things. And yeah, I felt like writing 8.5 but with the wait times and higher prices these days, if you add the fasttrack fees, it becomes worthwhile only if you bought them at the same price you bought them as. Still, for anyone who did, an 8.5 is good. If this book is harder to find in high grade, then we could be looking at some real potential here since it wouldn't need much more demand for prices to start going a little nuts. 

Oh and Blob, prices have calmed down for fawcetts on heritage. What I was talking about must have just been a blip, as you suggested. And people are selling what they bought at highs and losing quite a bit of money, as others had predicted.

1 hour ago, William-James88 said:

Thanks man, always love to hear your thoughts on things. And yeah, I felt like writing 8.5 but with the wait times and higher prices these days, if you add the fasttrack fees, it becomes worthwhile only if you bought them at the same price you bought them as. Still, for anyone who did, an 8.5 is good. If this book is harder to find in high grade, then we could be looking at some real potential here since it wouldn't need much more demand for prices to start going a little nuts. 

Oh and Blob, prices have calmed down for fawcetts on heritage. What I was talking about must have just been a blip, as you suggested. And people are selling what they bought at highs and losing quite a bit of money, as others had predicted.

A mcp 72 for $65 or a mid grade fawcett for the same price seems like a no brainer to me