• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Best way to ship 6 Full CGC Short boxes to Clink... Advice Please
5 5

56 posts in this topic

A few gas stations will let you if they know you. Tend to be the mom and pop places that are almost always short staffed. And the vast majority of motorcycle riders will do it themselves from what I've seen. But yeah, I've actually witnessed fights over it where someone tries to do it themselves. 

On 5/10/2021 at 9:18 PM, Xenosmilus said:

So with the current market craziness I decided to sell a bunch of slabs on Clink to buy my first house! It only took me 47 years to pull the trigger on this milestone! Anyways I'm trying to make the June auction and am not sure the best way to get them to Clink. I was thinking to tape up the short boxes and then insulate them in a larger box and ship via FedEX.  The cost of this scares the hell out of me though :roflmao:Any advice is welcome please!!!

This sounds good.  Congrats, by the way. (thumbsu 

CGC boxes packed tightly and taped shut.  Those boxes put into larger boxes with peanuts surrounding all 6 sides.  Ship FedEx and don't be scared. 

2 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:
2 hours ago, lizards2 said:
2 hours ago, wombat said:

On the plus side, we are apparently too stupid to pump our own gas. So we have that going for us. 

Oregon used to be that way, but now they let us do self-service at night, if the town is small enough. Apparently the big city folk are the only ones who are still too stupid.

I remember the last time lizards spoke of this, I didn't understand the "let us" part....

Do they really not let you? Or it it just customer service? If it's a choice or is mandatory, do you have to have a license? Not that I'm really that dumbfounded, as I like tradition, but wasn't thinking that if you attemped it yourself they'd go all soup Nazi or something lol

It is THE LAW in OREGON - NO self service.  Or it was - now we have a hybrid.

1 hour ago, thehumantorch said:
1 hour ago, thirdgreenham said:

CGC boxes packed tightly and taped shut.  Those boxes put into larger boxes with peanuts surrounding all 6 sides.  Ship FedEx and don't be scared. 

I pack peanuts on all 7 sides.

Ultra Pervy.

3 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Ultra Pervy.

German method?

3 minutes ago, bb8 said:
6 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Ultra Pervy.

Expand  

German method?

Flagrantly Canadian. :sumo: 

3 minutes ago, thehumantorch said:
19 minutes ago, lizards2 said:

Flagrantly Canadian. :sumo: 

:sorry:  Would you like some freshly packed peanuts.....

lol Hopefully, you get the reference from Dodgeball, my Canadian Frenemy...., but if their packed by Greenham, bring it. :sumo: 

With that many boxes, I'd worry a lot more than just shipping cost.  Unless I'm straight on the other side of the country, I'd drive it myself.  

16 hours ago, ADAMANTIUM said:

I remember the last time lizards spoke of this, I didn't understand the "let us" part....

Do they really not let you? Or it it just customer service? If it's a choice or is mandatory, do you have to have a license? Not that I'm really that dumbfounded, as I like tradition, but wasn't thinking that if you attemped it yourself they'd go all soup Nazi or something lol

you have to slide in an access card to have the pump dispense, so even if you get there and no one is around and you are willing to do it...you have to wait for someone to come out and do it for you

On 5/10/2021 at 11:29 PM, Xenosmilus said:

On another note, are there any opinions on whether the June or July auction is a more lucrative month?  I'm thinking June under the circumstances because maybe by July the market craziness maybe over due to restrictions being lifted....

Avoid selling when the Promise Collection hits HA.com   That is going to suck a lot of money out of the room. 

namora.jpg

1641640382_ScreenShot2021-04-26at8_54_53PM.png.9d38ead5ce43a2ba0b626b915e61a10e.png

Edited by BlowUpTheMoon