• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weirdest Non-Comic Thing You Ever Flipped To Buy Comics
2 2

64 posts in this topic

I'm sure like myself, many of us here have at one time flipped something to get money to buy a comic we wanted. I used to flip non-comic items quite a bit, but now I'm too lazy and busy to do it anymore. In my flipping days, in addition to flipping comics I used to hit up local auctions and pick up all kinds of stuff that nobody else wanted that I was able to sell for profit like high end sewing machines, call center phone equipment, broken gaming laptops that I got repaired, etc... 

Narrowing down to one item, I think the weirdest was a toilet for an RV. I didn't own an RV and knew nothing about the RV toilet market, but I priced it out and made a couple hundred dollars. 

What's the weirdest non comic item you have flipped? 

Just now, serling1978 said:

This thread is now 18 and up. 

This forum has always been 16 and up.

You probably don't want to know I what I was doing when I was 16

I'm currently selling a bunch of my old video games that have just been sitting in storage. The video game market is just as crazy as comics right now - I take good care of my stuff, so they basically all have boxes and every single insert that came with the game. Sold a Game Boy Advance game complete in box for $175 last night, and I have two sealed games listed at $300 each, and I'm on the low end of the BIN and sold offerings for those games on eBay. I have a bunch of stuff listed, and I've sold through $500 in the last week or so.

My plan is to sell enough in the next few weeks to be able to buy one big book (big to me anyway) or a couple of kind of big books - trying to narrow down my wish list now, but some contenders include Batman 251, Batman 232 or a low-grade entry level ASM 129...

7 minutes ago, Jesse-Lee said:

I'm currently selling a bunch of my old video games that have just been sitting in storage. The video game market is just as crazy as comics right now - I take good care of my stuff, so they basically all have boxes and every single insert that came with the game. Sold a Game Boy Advance game complete in box for $175 last night, and I have two sealed games listed at $300 each, and I'm on the low end of the BIN and sold offerings for those games on eBay. I have a bunch of stuff listed, and I've sold through $500 in the last week or so.

My plan is to sell enough in the next few weeks to be able to buy one big book (big to me anyway) or a couple of kind of big books - trying to narrow down my wish list now, but some contenders include Batman 251, Batman 232 or a low-grade entry level ASM 129...

Good luck. That's a pretty reasonable thing to flip. Seems like a lot of comic collectors have started collecting video games lately. 

Now, if you flip the Mortal Kombat game for the original gameboy: weird. And miraculous. 

I don't know if anything sold and to then use the proceeds for comics would be considered weird in a comic community.

I have sold a car, bought Magic the Gathering cards with that money that I then later sold and bought comics. (shrug)

2 hours ago, Artboy99 said:

I don't know if anything sold and to then use the proceeds for comics would be considered weird in a comic community.

I have sold a car, bought Magic the Gathering cards with that money that I then later sold and bought comics. (shrug)

I sold my car to buy a comic then sold the comic and bought the car back!  :acclaim:

I was expecting more stories about donating kidneys and samples of genetic material.

In 1993, for a bagged Superman 75.

Edited by Ken Aldred