• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weirdest Non-Comic Thing You Ever Flipped To Buy Comics
2 2

64 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, Ken Aldred said:

Another commercial alternative that you could’ve picked up at the same time would’ve been tiger dung, as it’s apparently an effective repellent which prevents domestic cats from fouling gardens. 

At the time the couple i was selling the dung to specifically asked for the elephant and the Zoo was more than happy to accommodate ( and joke about)  to me they were just steaming piles of extra cash. 

That is good information about the tiger dung, but where I am located in Florida I am sure there is a Tiger King joke in there. :roflmao:

Edited by onlyweaknesskryptonite

6 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

Ok

So what I have unexpectedly learned from this thread is I can wear and then sell used jock straps and sandals to deviants who want them for "personal use" and rake in the dough. 

Can we get a new section added under the selling forum for used jock straps? I think breaking it down by golden/silver age, bronze age, and modern age would still apply. 

#CantKnockTheHustle. 

24 minutes ago, serling1978 said:

Ok

So what I have unexpectedly learned from this thread is I can wear and then sell used jock straps and sandals to deviants who want them for "personal use" and rake in the dough. 

Can we get a new section added under the selling forum for used jock straps? I think breaking it down by golden/silver age, bronze age, and modern age would still apply. 

Don't see why not. There are already people selling fractional shares of Andre The Giants jock strap. 20210511_151836.jpg.cc704c8eefe270de0c4c34de78c24742.jpg

1 hour ago, Buzzetta said:

I need to tame the language for the boards. 

I have been asked if wear them barefoot in the rain and if they get soaked enough to squish. 

I have been asked if I would do things to the shoes to send them on their way.  (Imagine the worst here - I don't even respond and I block).

Someone once paid $75 + shipping using the eBay GSP to get a pair of torn trashed Addidas Sambas to Australia all because I took a picture of my bare feet wearing them.  You saw skin from the top of the shoe up so you could tell I had them on barefoot. 

I am seriously thinking of starting up an only fans showing just my bare feet in shoes so my friends and family can introduce me a sex worker.   

I bet i could get a ton for my old flip flops-"Ex ballet dancer.  Used flip flops.  Worn barefoot, often in the rain.  have done ballet in them"
Plus mention the round kicks.  And pic of my actual ballet feet which are top notch I must say.

Edited by kav

For shoe sellers here, remember to check if you have any worn Crocs, as they are now in fashion. 

For wearing around the house, I find a pair of Caymans hard to beat.

2 minutes ago, Ken Aldred said:

For shoe sellers here, remember to check if you have any worn Crocs, as they are now in fashion. 

For wearing around the house, I find a pair of Caymans hard to beat.

I don't sell anything that any decent folk should be wearing in public unless they are looking to sit against a wall with a cardboard sign asking for money. 

32 minutes ago, Buzzetta said:

I don't sell anything that any decent folk should be wearing in public unless they are looking to sit against a wall with a cardboard sign asking for money. 

Nothing like a pair of comfortable, clown shoe clogs.

Blue-Crocs-Worn-by-Ryan-Reynolds-in-Dead

Edited by Ken Aldred

Okay so one for the serious response side.

Back around 2012 I sold off a large portion of my vintage hot wheels redline collection. To those that think hot wheels and especially vintage 60s and 70s ones have no value,your missing out.i still have a bunch,still look for them and still sell them.

I made somewhere between 10,000 and 100,000.wont devuldge the exact amount but will say.i pretty much bought every single marvel mega key and long runs of all titles and tons of other comics.about 50+ short boxes.

I feel my collection for what I have in is probably 4x more.i did flip the FF1 already.but am still happy with what I got for it.ive been done pretty much as the few missing big books like AF15 mainly are just not gonna happen.

I can't think of anything that was a straight up swap or of enough coin to mention

I will say that I traded in my copies of adult and Jr of the 80's copies of encyclopedia Britannica that my mom invested in before the internet to help me with private school. I traded them maybe in 2015, heck I even used them in college lol

With teachers asking for screenshot or pics cause they didn't believe I had access to those older copies when I put the works cited page.

I made sure that the info was not dated of course and got an A+ but still running sources for stuff was not easy, even if the school had a database and a library.

But it barely equaled the value of one raw book so I didnt mention at first

Edited by ADAMANTIUM

15 hours ago, kav said:

I bet i could get a ton for my old flip flops-"Ex ballet dancer.  Used flip flops.  Worn barefoot, often in the rain.  have done ballet in them"
Plus mention the round kicks.  And pic of my actual ballet feet which are top notch I must say.

First appearance and origin of feet. $12,000 or best offer. 

Screenshot_20210512-073712~2.png

22 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Poop..

Yes.. weirdest thing I sold to pay for comics.  

It has been about 20 plus years since this has happend. I knew some mushroom farmers that used to live about 35 miles from my house. ( no not the illicit ones) They had a preferred dung they used to grow their spores. (Elephant) 20 miles the opposite direction from my house there is a small local zoo that I used to volunteer at during the summers. Wouldn't you know it. They would just let me take as much of the scat as I wanted , although many jokes were made. Each trip would net me between $100-$200 . Which I would do this once every couple weeks. Most of the time on the way back to the house I would stop at the LCS and pick up comics. So it was literally carp to cash to comics.  I did this for about 2 years. 

You win

19 hours ago, kav said:

Anyone flip burgers to buy comics?

I have no problem admitting, and I am proud to say, that at one point in my life I worked at McDonalds.  I did this for about six months to earn a little extra money while in college and learned a few life lessons and work ethic related skills that stay with me today. 

4 hours ago, serling1978 said:

First appearance and origin of feet. $12,000 or best offer. 

Screenshot_20210512-073712~2.png

If CGC is willing to slab a paperback copy, I am willing to sign them and draw a sketch on the front cover of a foot. 

Signed and Sketch by "Buzzetta"

On 5/11/2021 at 12:59 PM, wombat said:

On a serious note I did start donating plasma a few years back for some extra spending money that mostly went to comics. I stopped when it became more hassle than it was worth. 

Usually this funds blow (I hear).