• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Weirdest Non-Comic Thing You Ever Flipped To Buy Comics
2 2

64 posts in this topic

In 1994 or 95 I used to work 3 hours a week at my old old LCS on Friday afternoons, which were a big shoplifting day for the local school, to look scarey and such. I would get a $35 store credit toward back issues. Realistically he got more than 3 hours out of me as i would hang out and b.s., but his employee had the day off for some reason that day.

well, in theory I just sold a bike I had literally found in the trash for $65, and i bought comics that day too, so you could say i converted the trash bike into comics. someone gave up on it because the tires needed air and one was a little off kilter and was rubbing the frame. i just kicked it into place and it was fine.

In 1988, traded 2 cases of 1988 Topps baseball jumbo packs (100 cards/pack) worth ~$300 wholesale for about 30 HG (8.5-9.4) Conan 1’s and 20 HG Conan 2’s. Kept one of each and blew out the rest for about 80% FMV (which wasn’t much in 1988) via a CBG ad. Cards were on fire at that time but began crashing soon thereafter, Upper Deck cards notwithstanding.