• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Ebay comic categories not working...
9 9

191 posts in this topic

Just now, goldust40 said:Me too. I go to Scotland as often as I can - prior to the pandemic, I was going there every summer (Loch Lomond, Loch Ness, Edinburgh, etc.).

Plus as a Canadian you must have some Scots blood in your lineage...

Yes, many Canadians do have Scottish heritage, including me. At this point, I would happily travel to Rural Manitoba.  Sigh...

9 minutes ago, piper said:

Sorry to hear this, but for the record, the Scottish people that I’ve met are some of the nicest folks you would ever want to meet. lol

I know, I've worked with a lot of them too. Very friendly.

It's the usual drill, applicable to most races, I find - a small group make the noise that creates the stereotype, while the majority get on with their lives, and everyone, and couldn't give a hoot(ennanny) about..

7 hours ago, PeterPark said:

I don't know if this is temporary or what happened. I was searching for bronze Hulk lots and all-of-a-sudden, I lost the ability to filter by age. Everything was combined into "comics books and memorabilia" with the only sub-category being comics. Is this happening to anyone else? This cannot be the new normal...

Oh yeah, this is not an error. Check out the category changes PDF https://ir.ebaystatic.com/pictures/aw/pics/catchanges/2021/May/NTF-update/US_Category_Changes_May2021_NFT-update.pdf

Purple text is retired categories. From the PDF, just one example:

Golden Age (1938-55) This Category is being retired

Golden Age (1938-55) > Horror & Sci-Fi  All listings are being moved into [Comics & Graphic Novels - 259104]

56 minutes ago, goldust40 said:

Me too. I go to Scotland as often as I can - prior to the pandemic, I was going there every summer (Loch Lomond, Loch Ness, Edinburgh, etc.).

Plus as a Canadian you must have some Scots blood in your lineage...

I concur, although I only went once, it was for 6 weeks and I stayed in Dumbarton for 5 of the weeks. Beautiful country, great people, amazing scotch!

21 minutes ago, Bludriver said:

I can't believe they took away the silver, bronze, etc categories...are they that clueless?

You're talking about the same people that forced managed payments, took away Ebay Bucks, and increased fees to improve our user experience

For quite some time, eBay has been asking sellers to add "Item Specifics".  I think they are planing to do away with the sub-categories and rely on these "Item Specifics".  Of course, today, when trying to post a new book, there is nowhere to add the "Item Specifics.  Hopefully it is just a bug during the transition:

image.thumb.png.2112abb82f87686064b2a60b4356577f.png

I've been wrestling through this all morning, as I post some new listings. It appears to lump every single comic listing on ebay into a single category, and the "item specifics" will do little to assist. It's clearly designed by someone who has no understanding of the comic marketplace.

It would be interesting to reach out with input and advice, but there really isn't a place on ebay that this can be done...

21 minutes ago, lonetree said:

For quite some time, eBay has been asking sellers to add "Item Specifics".  I think they are planing to do away with the sub-categories and rely on these "Item Specifics".  Of course, today, when trying to post a new book, there is nowhere to add the "Item Specifics.  Hopefully it is just a bug during the transition:

image.thumb.png.2112abb82f87686064b2a60b4356577f.png

I don't get it - maybe I'm missing something.  You say that there is nowhere to add the Item Specifics and then post a screenshot showing where Item Specifics can be added.  There is even a link at the bottom of the image that says "Show more Item Specifics".

Just now, Lightning55 said:

I don't get it - maybe I'm missing something.  You say that there is nowhere to add the Item Specifics and then post a screenshot showing where Item Specifics can be added.  There is even a link at the bottom of the image that says "Show more Item Specifics".

That was an existing book that had been posted.  When I went to post a new book, the Item Specific information was not available.  That is why I believe it is in a transition at the moment. :)

3 hours ago, piper said:

Yes, many Canadians do have Scottish heritage, including me. At this point, I would happily travel to Rural Manitoba.  Sigh...

Wow, that's harsh

You are required to add a "Condition" on every listing. These are the only options:

• Brand new: The book is new, unread, and unused in perfect condition with no missing or damaged pages. See the seller's listing for full details.
  • Like new: The book looks new but has been read. The cover has no visible wear, and the dust jacket (if applicable) is included for hard covers. It has no missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, and no underlining/highlighting of text or writing in the margins. It may have very minimal identifying marks on the inside cover as well as very minimal wear and tear. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
  • Very good: The book does not look new and has been read but is in excellent condition. There is no obvious damage to the cover the dust jacket (if applicable) is included for hard covers. There are no missing or damaged pages, no creases or tears, and no underlining/highlighting of text or writing in the margins. It may have very minimal identifying marks on the inside cover as well as very minimal wear and tear. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
  • Good: The book has been read but is in good condition. It has very minimal damage to the cover, including scuff marks, but no holes or tears. The dust jacket for hard covers may not be included. The binding has minimal wear. The majority of pages are undamaged with minimal creasing or tearing, minimal pencil underlining of text, no highlighting of text, and no writing in the margins. There are no missing pages. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.
  • Acceptable: The book has obvious wear. It may have some damage to the cover, but its integrity is intact. The binding may be slightly damaged, but its integrity is still intact. There may be possible writing in the margins and underlining and highlighting of text, but there are no missing pages or anything that would compromise the legibility or understanding of the text. See the seller's listing for full details and a description of any imperfections.

3 hours ago, Bludriver said:

I can't believe they took away the silver, bronze, etc categories...are they that clueless?

Honestly as a eBay seller this is just less steps I have to click on.

I have only used the "search function" on eBay since 1999.  All those sub-clicks are a waste of time anyway.

Edited by NewWorldOrder