• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Is any comic graded a 9.8 or higher worth $1000?
1 1

25 posts in this topic

6 hours ago, The lips said:

No I’d play it but just be cautious. As an example, 2 nights ago I read ASM 300 to my little boy as his bed time story. He loves Venom and the drawings so I’m perfectly happy to use the book for it’s intended purpose  

My own personal view is that by encapsulating something away, you’re paying a slight disservice to the writer and artist who’ve put a lot of work, skill and effort into something to just be closed off and not enjoyed. 

again, I fully appreciate I may be in the minority on this and it’s just my opinion. 

I can understand that. I consider a given book that's graded and slabbed as "retired". Almost everything has been reprinted in one form or another. Plus I can read them online.

No way I am busting out a Superman 22 to read to my kids.

The only thing I considered a "disservice" is when they would raise prices on a title. I remember being a kid and getting upset when they went from 20 cents to twenty five.

7 hours ago, Juno Beach said:

If I had an unopened Beatles White album on vinyl I would keep it that way and download it from somewhere to listen to. But that's just me. 

That's the way it's done. Playing vinyl is rough on the grooves. I can't remember the number of times an album could be played before it began approaching unplayable. Like 22 times or something.

I have an Elvis On Tour boxed set from Amiga. All the shows from the 1972 Spring tour plus rehearsals and one uncirculated show. Comes with a hardcover book of photos and essays about the tour. Still in the shipping box. Still in shrink. Can't find it anywhere these days. No way I'm going to open it or play it. I have the digital files someone ripped from CD from their box set. Wish I had the book scans. At least I can listen to it.

http://www.elvisinfonet.com/cd_review_Elvis_On_Tour_Deluxe_Edition.html

Elvis-On-Tour-Deluxe-2017-.jpg

Edited by Randall Ries

21 hours ago, Juno Beach said:

If I had an unopened Beatles White album on vinyl I would keep it that way and download it from somewhere to listen to. But that's just me. 

But the hipster say it sounds warmer on vinyl!