• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Promise Collection
3 3

154 posts in this topic

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Are you referring to the new “I PROMISE You This Will Be The Most Overgraded Comic Book Collection Of All Time” pedigree that is currently being “graded” (if we can call it that) by the boys at CGC and then being hawked by the gang over at Heritage? :devil:  lol 

It's nice to see such a beautiful collection though, isn't it..?  (shrug)

1 hour ago, MatterEaterLad said:

It is, but it highlights the glaring conflict of interest in having an auction house and a grading company owned by the same people. 

I know they're closely affiliated, but I never knew they were owned by the same people. To whom are you referring?  

Well sir, I've never seen him directly involved with any of the grading or other process areas at CGC. So if you're suggesting he has unclean hands, do you have any proof or is this just speculation on your part? (shrug)

Edited by The Lions Den

25 minutes ago, The Lions Den said:

Well, as far as I know, I've never seen him involved with any of the grading or other process areas at CGC...

Without the investment group that included Heritage principals there would be no CGC. So I guess we owe them a debt of gratitude for that. 

5 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

So if you're suggesting he has unclean hands, do you have any proof or is this just speculation on your part? (shrug)

Well, I believe his hands are washed clean by N.P. Gresham, although it seems that nobody can find him, including the Federal Trade Commission.  lol

14 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Are you referring to the new “I PROMISE You This Will Be The Most Overgraded Comic Book Collection Of All Time” pedigree that is currently being “graded” (if we can call it that) by the boys at CGC and then being hawked by the gang over at Heritage? :devil:  lol 

I think you need to be more specific :)

21 hours ago, lou_fine said:

After looking at many of the high res pic's that HA has up, I'm having to agree with you..

14 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Well sir, I've never seen him directly involved with any of the grading or other process areas at CGC. So if you're suggesting he has unclean hands, do you have any proof or is this just speculation on your part? (shrug)

..aside from "proof" most will agree it's certainly a major concern in regards to a "conflict of interest"..

Edited by nooncee
grammar