• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

The Promise Collection
3 3

154 posts in this topic

1 hour ago, lou_fine said:

I imagine you must be referring to this absolutely gorgeous and stunning All-American 61 book here, with the classic Solomon Grundy cover:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/miscellaneous/all-american-comics-61-the-promise-collection-pedigree-dc-1944-cgc-nm-96-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7244-175041.s?ic10=AllCategoriesResults-ItemImageDesc-05051

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F1%2F3%2F1%2F24131675%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Makes me wonder who's the lucky guy (was it Veryzl ???) that has the CGC 9.8 graded copy stashed away into their own private personal collection and if it's the Edgar Church copy of All-American 61?  hm

That's the one. Absolutely gorgeous book. I would love to see the 9.8 and/or the Church book, if they aren't the same book. And I cannot wait to see what this book sells for--this one, at least, earned its grade.

5 hours ago, lou_fine said:

I imagine you must be referring to this absolutely gorgeous and stunning All-American 61 book here, with the classic Solomon Grundy cover:  :luhv:

https://comics.ha.com/itm/miscellaneous/all-american-comics-61-the-promise-collection-pedigree-dc-1944-cgc-nm-96-off-white-to-white-pages/p/7244-175041.s?ic10=AllCategoriesResults-ItemImageDesc-05051

lf?set=path%5B2%2F4%2F1%2F3%2F1%2F24131675%5D&call=url%5Bfile%3Aproduct.chain%5D

Makes me wonder who's the lucky guy (was it Veryzl ???) that has the CGC 9.8 graded copy stashed away into their own private personal collection and if it's the Edgar Church copy of All-American 61?  hm

I'm not seeing it listed in this upcoming auction when I do a search on the Heritage June Auction site.  It looks like a few books maybe were pulled back for a future auction??

23 hours ago, batman_fan said:

I don't know why folks don't do what they have been doing for over a decade and constantly touting on the boards "buy the book, not the label".  If you think the book looks overgrazed, take a pass.  If you think it looks overgraded but is going for a decent price bid on it.  If you think the grade is spot on, go hard after it.  Remember, we are the folks that would literally buy from Hitler or Satan if they had something we "needed".

1 hour ago, buttock said:

Do you have a link to Satan's website?  I'm trying to find a few books to fill holes in my runs.  

I wouldn’t trust either of them. Books always smell like smoke and have burnt edges.

Now if you want books with dripping wet colors I’d go with Vlad the Impaler. He’s got a stake in this business…,

EDD7DB1B-874C-404E-9E60-75D74FB4BEB9.thumb.jpeg.266c7e35b80b7c4467ea64dbe8500f3a.jpeg

1AF9926B-B2FE-4272-9AB7-59E570D73805.jpeg.1bd21bfe9143d4409c7d5b6c64e5724b.jpeg

34 minutes ago, buttock said:

I specifically worded it so that couldn't be implied.  :sumo: (plus I always get the top)

True, although you did refer to "runs" which is dangerous when you go by the name Buttock hm

18 hours ago, bpc3qh said:
19 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Expand  

That's the one. Absolutely gorgeous book. I would love to see the 9.8 and/or the Church book, if they aren't the same book. And I cannot wait to see what this book sells for--this one, at least, earned its grade.

Even with a CGC 9.8 graded copy out there, it's really irrelevant because that copy (whether it be the Church copy or not) has never been in the public marketplace before as far as I am aware and also not going to be anytime soon. hm

As a result, I see this seconded highest graded Promise Collection copy of AA 61 being able to hit into the 6-figures very early on in this upcoming auction here.  (thumbsu

14 hours ago, mstrange said:
19 hours ago, lou_fine said:

Expand  

I'm not seeing it listed in this upcoming auction when I do a search on the Heritage June Auction site.  It looks like a few books maybe were pulled back for a future auction??

Well, if you scroll down to the bottom of the attached link for this Auction Preview, it clearly states that the bidding starts on May 28 and the auction dates are from June 17th to the 19th.  :gossip:

I am sure they will have all of these already posted Promise Collection books listed properly well before the May 28th bidding start date.  (thumbsu