• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Why can't we search for golden age anymore on Ebay?
2 2

59 posts in this topic

4 minutes ago, sagii said:

Yes, I just came back to eBay as a seller last month. 

Looks like it's going to be a short return. People will not be able to find your listings this way.. .all that money out the window 

I gave up a while ago,  I just lost interest. I still shop there, but I think I sold one piece of extra material I had in the past year and that was it. I'm not so sure about shopping there anymore either.

If they don't fix this soon, a serious systemic issue is going to arise.  We will see a lot of "false" FMVs on graded books reported to GPA and GC for auction items that are ending over the next week and beyond because the market of ready, willing and able bidders (especially opportunistic bidders that aren't looking for a particular book but are looking for books that catch their eye) drastically shrunk due to actions of the auctioneer, not market conditions.  The market of course, is on fire right now, and eBay page views and bids (for quality material) should be as strong as ever.

Edited by zosocane

On 5/12/2021 at 12:43 PM, jimjum12 said:

Hopefully those sellers who had hundreds of CA and MA books listed in the Golden Age area will be too overwhelmed to bother B| GOD BLESS ....

-jimbo(a friend of jesus)(thumbsu

Hey now, I love seeing all the Spiderman and Deadpool books listed in the Platinum Age category.   Adds a few more minutes of fun scrolling before I see all 5 beaten up copies of Bringing Up Father.

Like an Easter egg hunt.  :)

Anybody figure out a way around or fix for this yet? I tried to open a new search. I usually look for "new today" auctions. I usually get about 24 hours worth. The search ends where I stopped looking the day before. When I opened a new search I only got what looked like maybe a couple hours worth and it ends. Doesn't do me much good. I know I am missing a LOT of stuff. I haven't even looked at all in a few days.

This has got to be killing comics book sellers. If buyers can't find your auctions, they can't buy. Until they fix this, by comic buying will be crawling to a standstill. 

Anybody try to connect with them? Find out why they did this? In this red hot market, sure seems to be killing the goose that laid the golden egg...

On 5/13/2021 at 9:22 AM, sagii said:

Yes, I just came back to eBay as a seller last month. 

Looks like it's going to be a short return. People will not be able to find your listings this way.. .all that money out the window 

Well, here's the solution...just send a list of what you have for sale to me, and maybe I'll buy something...hm:foryou:

On 5/16/2021 at 1:05 PM, batman_fan said:

I had to scroll down and use the filters on the left to pick Golden Age.  That seemed to work for me.  Ebay, constantly searching for ways to make their site suck more.

Screen Shot 2021-05-16 at 2.03.58 PM.png

I tried that was well but ended up with a VERY short list of “new today”. This search always gave me every book I hadn’t seen since my last search. My search would end where I left off the day before. 

I won’t be getting much if anything until they restore it. And sellers must be getting screwed in their sales. Just stupid...

16 minutes ago, Robot Man said:

I tried that was well but ended up with a VERY short list of “new today”. This search always gave me every book I hadn’t seen since my last search. My search would end where I left off the day before. 

I won’t be getting much if anything until they restore it. And sellers must be getting screwed in their sales. Just stupid...

An EBay website enhancement engineer wakes up each day and ask “how can I help make the site less useable today?”

I am not having any trouble locating comics on ebay right now.  Maybe the problems are associated with phones.  I use my desk top computer.  I see all the ERAs and other ways to refine a search.  But, the thing that has always bugged me is how some less than intelligent dealers list their SA, BA, CA and MA garbage in the GA section.  It's like intentional deception...similar to the dealers who call a book scarce or rare when there are 10-15 copies on ebay.  Every time I see those tactics those dealers go on my list of people to NOT buy from.  I don't know...maybe I'm more picky than most when it comes to honest sales.  And don't even get me started on the one's who couldn't grade their way out of a paper bag...like good ole' Anthony (who's a famous TV star, like anybody gives a flip about that)...:facepalm:

7 minutes ago, Tri-ColorBrian said:

I am not having any trouble locating comics on ebay right now.  Maybe the problems are associated with phones.  I use my desk top computer.  I see all the ERAs and other ways to refine a search.  But, the thing that has always bugged me is how some less than intelligent dealers list their SA, BA, CA and MA garbage in the GA section.  It's like intentional deception...similar to the dealers who call a book scarce or rare when there are 10-15 copies on ebay.  Every time I see those tactics those dealers go on my list of people to NOT buy from.  I don't know...maybe I'm more picky than most when it comes to honest sales.  And don't even get me started on the one's who couldn't grade their way out of a paper bag...like good ole' Anthony (who's a famous TV star, like anybody gives a flip about that)...:facepalm:

It might seem to be working to you at first glance, but I guarantee you are not seeing all the listings. When I use the site, on desktop, I can do searches that show up all eras (and the other variables that can be adjusted), however the number of hits for each are not all the books I know are listed (I have several golden age books being watched that do not come up with the search, even when using the appropriate era).

This won't be 'fixed' until sellers update ALL their listings with the appropriate tags (both existing listings and those scheduled to go live in the near future).

2 hours ago, Sauce Dog said:

It might seem to be working to you at first glance, but I guarantee you are not seeing all the listings. When I use the site, on desktop, I can do searches that show up all eras (and the other variables that can be adjusted), however the number of hits for each are not all the books I know are listed (I have several golden age books being watched that do not come up with the search, even when using the appropriate era).

This won't be 'fixed' until sellers update ALL their listings with the appropriate tags (both existing listings and those scheduled to go live in the near future).

There have always been dealers who did not list their books in Golden Age, so those books never came up in the search.  I've always had to search several ways to find all the GA books I was looking for.  V. and Vol. also require two different searches.  Always has.  It drives me nuts...