• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Astonishing Tales 25 cgc 9.6 recent sales?!

8 posts in this topic

Checking some of the current GPA prices on a few books today and saw an unusual Astonishing Tales 25 cgc 9.6 sale. In 9.6, the book usually hovers around the 700-800ish range. Last sale was $2,160.00 as of May 2021 and I looked up the last few E-Bay sales and a few other sites but haven't found it. Did anyone happen to see this sale? I know rumors of Deathlok coming back to the MCU has surfaced again in April supposedly but I was curious to see if this was a legit sale or perhaps some unfortunate GPA manipulation. E-Bay seems to have been dried up of most copies in all grades all of a sudden so I'm wondering if this sale actually has some traction. 

The sale was on Heritage. I am either very smart or very lucky (my money is on lucky). I bought my 9.6 on Heritage on April 25 for $900. The very next week, the $2,160 sale went through on Heritage. Not sure why the increase in a week. I did enjoy watching the auction close knowing mine was in the mail. I do know I bid on a few lower grades on eBay before getting my 9.6 and the competiton was tough.

5/3 $2,160 sale:
Astonishing Tales #25 (Marvel, 1974) CGC NM+ 9.6 White pages.... | Lot #11072 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

4/25 $900 sale:
Astonishing Tales #25 (Marvel, 1974) CGC NM+ 9.6 White pages.... | Lot #17102 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

9 hours ago, Shrevvy said:

The sale was on Heritage. I am either very smart or very lucky (my money is on lucky). I bought my 9.6 on Heritage on April 25 for $900. The very next week, the $2,160 sale went through on Heritage. Not sure why the increase in a week. I did enjoy watching the auction close knowing mine was in the mail. I do know I bid on a few lower grades on eBay before getting my 9.6 and the competiton was tough.

5/3 $2,160 sale:
Astonishing Tales #25 (Marvel, 1974) CGC NM+ 9.6 White pages.... | Lot #11072 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

4/25 $900 sale:
Astonishing Tales #25 (Marvel, 1974) CGC NM+ 9.6 White pages.... | Lot #17102 | Heritage Auctions (ha.com)

Huh...how did I miss that? I searched Heritage before posting this but apparently, not good enough. Thanks for the link to the sale. Much appreciated. (thumbsu

Congrats on your new acquisition! Great book.