• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

What are the chances of this getting down graded upon a reholder?
2 2

8 posts in this topic

I finally got my hands on a master of kung fu 17 9.6. It was a really hard book to find. Unfortunately the case is cracked but its on the top of the case and the book doesn’t appear to be damaged. I don’t want to risk not being able to find another one (or pay more)  by returning it, so I’m considering a reholder with asking the seller to pay for that. However I don’t want to risk getting a lower grade on this as well. What are the chances of it dropping a grade?

9166612E-2870-4771-9AD6-50A21BA95785.jpeg

F7A8ABC3-3D7E-434C-BC1B-3E677C665B56.jpeg

5DD16804-C931-4684-9D99-3B8F2E7F8A61.jpeg

950F1EAC-0CCE-4633-B9A2-40CF0C1B37D9.jpeg

1A87DCD7-2533-4943-87DF-7198E05596BA.jpeg

32F83F62-F706-4C7F-9A92-A92F92E0A7BA.jpeg

DE0514CE-1C87-44B6-8E22-144A6FFEF88D.jpeg

9B749FB4-9B56-4BD6-9966-DE6184FF9FD2.jpeg

90075B43-91C2-468F-8908-4D1CF0DA4853.jpeg

C9A950DE-95D0-428E-9BE7-5669F5971D56.jpeg

This question has been posted many times, but here's CGC's 'reholder' statement directly from their website:

"A comic book in a CGC holder is encapsulated in a new CGC holder. The grade assigned to the book should not change, unless any damage occurred post-encapsulation, in which case the grade will be adjusted accordingly. To qualify, the book must still be encapsulated in its original CGC holder."

It does happen, but not very often...me thinks. (thumbsu

Edited by Galen130

The same for high-value reholders:

ReHolder - High Value

A high value comic book in a CGC holder is encapsulated in a new CGC holder. The grade assigned to the book should not change, unless any damage occurred post-encapsulation, in which case the grade will be adjusted accordingly. To qualify, the book must still be encapsulated in its original CGC holder.

2 minutes ago, Galen130 said:

This question has been posted many times, but here's CGC's 'reholder' statement directly from their website:

"A comic book in a CGC holder is encapsulated in a new CGC holder. The grade assigned to the book should not change, unless any damage occurred post-encapsulation, in which case the grade will be adjusted accordingly. To qualify, the book must still be encapsulated in its original CGC holder."

It does happen, but not very often...me thinks. (thumbsu

Thanks I know it’s been posted but wanted to get input on this specific book, looks like the book was not damaged. I’m just ascarred of it getting a lower grade..

1 minute ago, Ruskoinabiscuit said:

Thanks I know it’s been posted but wanted to get input on this specific book, looks like the book was not damaged. I’m just ascarred of it getting a lower grade..

I wouldn't worry.  If you're not seeing any damage to the book, or noticeable defects from said holder damage, I think you'll be fine.  It's always a risk though. (shrug)

Edited by Galen130

It is definitely cracked, and not as you expected it to be.  Maybe just ask the seller for the adjustment, as it certainly needs a reholder, but if it's for your personal collection, just keep it as is.  You can always send it in at a future time.  If you are going to sell it, maybe a different story.