• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you buy a slabbed book with brittle pages?
5 5

53 posts in this topic

25 minutes ago, Bo_Hogg1 said:

I don't like brittle pages like anybody else but if it has a great cover and you never take it out of the slab so no one can see the brittle pages, well............

What do you think?  lol

Yes 100%.  I have a few cheaply acquired nice looking  slabbed brittle beauties out on display for the viewing pleasure of my non comic collecting friends who don’t know any better.

I have yet to find a brittle copy of a book that tempted me enough to add it to my collection. I'm not steadfastly opposed to it but I would rather try to hold out for the "right" copy. If it were all about just looking at the cover or to display, I would buy a print. 2c or less

Surely depends on the prestige of the book ? A highly desirable  Golden Age book with.brittle pages makes it that much more affordable to those with similar brittle finances. Those with deep pockets may flee in horror but if its a Gerber 9 type.. then again...I have seen slabbed books with brittle pages retain its structure even after a decade. I would jump in a heartbeat for a coverless Action 1 with brittle pages if it wasn't so damn expensive.