• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Would you buy a slabbed book with brittle pages?
5 5

53 posts in this topic

On 5/13/2021 at 11:54 PM, N e r V said:

Nope and all the more so if it’s an expensive or key book as mentioned.

Cheaper no doubt but you have to ask yourself if someone offered you 50% off the price of a ticket to watch the last 20 minutes of a 2 hour movie is it worth it?

Structure does matter and a comic undergoes several stages from white to cream to tan but once it’s gone brittle it’s life as a solid book is ticking rapidly. I’ve heard all the arguments about it but it’s always better to be young or middle aged than on your last leg of life…

Hard no…

If we are comparing books to people old folks don’t deserve to be cast out like pariahs. They should be celebrated for a life hopefully well lived 😊 

1 hour ago, gino2paulus2 said:

If we are comparing books to people old folks don’t deserve to be cast out like pariahs. They should be celebrated for a life hopefully well lived 😊 

Comparing the life cycles of things only.

Values of life vs inanimate objects are incomparable for sure…

On 5/13/2021 at 6:22 PM, innocuous said:

Not sure what motivated you to start this thread, but yesterday or 2 days ago when Greg Reece posted the Archie 1 with brittle pages, I was VERY tempted.

I decided no and got a stomach ache. 

I think the only way I'll ever be able to afford an Archie #1 is if it is brittle lol

Price is everything!

I would be willing to buy any condition book IF the price were right.   

If it was an Action 1 it could be brittle, mouse chewed, cat peed, and come from a house full of chain smokers.   Just as long as the price matches the condition.  

On 5/15/2021 at 11:37 AM, D84 said:

Is that the same copy as this one Metropolis has for sale?

det1.18004.thumb.jpg.d5c50b4b8fa3cda1d51f644fac6c593b.jpg

Looks like my ex-book. New owner sent to the ENEMY and they give it a 3.0 and slightly brittle!!!      This is plain deception! This book is 1.8 CGC all day every day, I hope someone doesn't overpay because of the number ................... I love this hobby more every day (NOT)