• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Just making sure I get what's going on with this slab
2 2

8 posts in this topic

Yes. That is what you are looking at. The magazine size slab, superbright light table and the type of picture/scan. 

Under normal conditions you would see the inner well better and the case would look more like this.20210401_150858.thumb.jpg.9e4f00ae5b425cb47821c86e3a91cde5.jpg

6 hours ago, onlyweaknesskryptonite said:

Yes. That is what you are looking at. The magazine size slab, superbright light table and the type of picture/scan. 

Under normal conditions you would see the inner well better and the case would look more like this.20210401_150858.thumb.jpg.9e4f00ae5b425cb47821c86e3a91cde5.jpg

Thanks, that helps, I could not see the inner well in the pic I posted. Odd that the person who slabbed the book didn't bother straigthening the spine, if only for the book to look better.

7 hours ago, William-James88 said:

Thanks, that helps, I could not see the inner well in the pic I posted. Odd that the person who slabbed the book didn't bother straigthening the spine, if only for the book to look better.

You are welcome.  There have been several discussions about HA and the way they use the light box/scan/photos.  Usually referred to as juicing the pictures.  You can make out some slight shadows of the well. Shown here . 

20210514_184330.jpg

20210514_184415.jpg