• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

eBay will enact a sex ban starting June 15th
3 3

61 posts in this topic

30 minutes ago, James J Johnson said:
1 hour ago, wombat said:

Looks like you are going to have to take matters into your own hands. 

That could always escalate and easily get out of hand. :golfclap:

CarefulOrderlyKarakul-max-1mb.gif.0a6467583080075df765f6796ad4b353.gif

I once auctioned a relative on eBay.  It was an in joke where family members were bidding on them... and the outside guy from CT.  So I am going to guess that the auctioning of humans is no longer permissible as well? 

eBay is really becoming a downer these days. 

It's been bad enough that eBay does not consistently enforce the policy it already has in this area, to where small time sellers get threatened with account suspensions while the same items listed by big shops continue to revolve from month to month in non-Adult categories (e.g., Dejah Thoris and Zenescope variants). Now they want to make it to where such items cannot be sold in any category? Well, it looks like MyComicShop will be receiving more consignment business soon.

eBay is so screwed up right now, my saved searches include one for Elfquest and the results I've been getting include "Let Us Help You Find This Part For Your Vehicle".

"Your brakes are shot and you're going to need a new Elfquest for the carburetor." -eBay motors mechanic 

8 hours ago, comicdiablo said:

It's been bad enough that eBay does not consistently enforce the policy it already has in this area, to where small time sellers get threatened with account suspensions while the same items listed by big shops continue to revolve from month to month in non-Adult categories (e.g., Dejah Thoris and Zenescope variants). Now they want to make it to where such items cannot be sold in any category? Well, it looks like MyComicShop will be receiving more consignment business soon.

At one point Mycomicshop stopped carrying certain adult items. I think Buddy was a lot more over zealous* about it than Conan was, as I see they've again started selling Cherry and a few other previously questionable books... now that mycs is online only they may be in a bit more of a 'safe zone'.

*Buddy actually was one of the leading voices in the fight to start labeling comics back in the 90's due to the pressure put on shops by parents and (even worse) various law enforcement agencies - and didn't want Diamond to even carry certain comics that he felt were over the line. His B&M stores were one of the earliest to adapt a system that recognized more adult titles when ringing them at the register, so that some 12 year old wasn't buying 'Druuna'.

Edited by Prince Namor