• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Did we get in trouble?
3 3

65 posts in this topic

12 hours ago, batman_fan said:

Just saw the Promise collection thread got locked.

11 hours ago, sfcityduck said:

Turned into a contest.  What else could the moderator do?

I think the real reason was it went off topic. Bedrock and his thugs showed up and derailed it into a 5G and COVID thread. What the hell does any of that have to do with bug chews, bindery cuts, over grading ,dark family secrets they are hiding, corrupt business practices between Heritage and CGC, or how over priced these books are going to be at auction and how bitter those are who can’t afford them?

5G guys? Really? :facepalm:

D6AB1C11-61A2-4C3D-8D35-EDC22FF69C70.thumb.png.ba0eb3b5e6221db98da346744d884c47.png

1 hour ago, N e r V said:

I think the real reason was it went off topic. Bedrock and his thugs showed up and derailed it into a 5G and COVID thread. What the hell does any of that have to do with bug chews, bindery cuts, over grading ,dark family secrets they are hiding, corrupt business practices between Heritage and CGC, or how over priced these books are going to be at auction and how bitter those are who can’t afford them?

The only reason I started the thread was to celebrate this amazing collection. Unfortunately, it went a different direction than I expected. Ah well, live and learn... 

1 hour ago, The Lions Den said:

The only reason I started the thread was to celebrate this amazing collection. Unfortunately, it went a different direction than I expected. Ah well, live and learn... 

Your thread didn’t get locked, Moondog’s did.

3 hours ago, The Lions Den said:
5 hours ago, N e r V said:

Well, definitely sad to say, but as time has shown us over and over again, that's just nothing more than the usual divert and distract MO for the CGC acolytes and juice drinkers to follow once they see hints of anything that might seem even slightly disparaging to Matt and to CGC.  :frustrated:  :(

I guess they didn't care for my post near the bottom of page 69 where I was comparing the positive ambiance on the boards here when the Jon Berk Collection thread was taking place as compared to the slightly less positive ambiance that seems to have settled in on Moondog's Promise Collection thread in this go round here.  I guess I really shouldn't have linked it back to previous comments whereby the CGC supporters who always think CGC can do absolutely no wrong actually thought it made perfect business sense for CGC to have UNDERGRADED the books from the Jon Berk collection, and was seemingly leaning the other way for this Promise Collection here:  

On 7/21/2017 at 4:19 PM, buttock said:

CGC has a massive interest in undergrading books, particularly those with "improvable" defects.  If you owned a business, would you rather have 2800 transactions or 2800 transactions with another 4-500 repeat transactions that use your sister service for even more transactions?   The "point" of CGC varies depending on your perspective.  For a collector it's an objective assessment.  For an employee or owner/investor, the point is to make money.   

I guess they also didn't care for my comment that the Promise Collection might have received some discounted pricing or preferred scheduling (which BTW I have absolutely zero problems with) that regular submittors do not receive.  After all, is this not just normal and standard business practice for a large volume customer or special collections like a historic collection of this size and quality to have received.  Especially since any other business out there would also offer additional benefits or incentives to a customer like this OO's family which they would fully deserve to have received in this particular situation here.  :applause:

I guess the Mods didn't find my posts to be that offensive since they were not a part of the ones that ended up being deleted in the end.  (thumbsu

4 hours ago, The Lions Den said:

Just don’t let them know you’re the one who graded them all…:devil:

EF89E00D-00CD-4CFF-96C7-77FCE4A0AFF0.gif.5d305d99b83fa978dfa715db5a7ca6c6.gif