• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

MOVED TO COMICS MARKET: Caravan Comics' (just a fancy way of saying "my") CGCs! Copper and Modern KEYS!

21 posts in this topic

Hi - 

I'm joining the enlightened folks who sell their CGC comics here rather than eBay, despite the more limited readership. I have to raise my prices too much there or lose money, and their new system of categorization is frustrating, as is their endless tinkering that makes me update "policies" just to select shipping prices appropriate to the item.  No more! 

Because of that, I'll be listing my CGCs here. I will endeavor to provide photos (allow me a couple days to list them here and take them down from eBay). The hardcovers, trades and other stuff is over there still (am I allowed to say you can message me here about those to make a deal?). But most of my CGCs...here! And because they're here, that means, at a minimum, the price is decreased compared to how I priced them on eBay by as little as 10%, give or take, but often 12% or more. I'd like to see long box after long box disappear from my place over the next year before I head overseas again, but hopefully before then.

I'll post comics as I receive them and set the asking price. These prices are in U.S. dollars and are the minimum price - please don't ask me to go below that amount as I'm already keeping most at cost just to keep stock flowing out of my home. Over time, I'll work to additionally sell to and ship to Canada - another price (due to international transaction fees) will be given and shipping costs will differ. 

To claim: 1st private message via CGC (PM) by time stamp wins. 

To pay: PayPal only, to be arranged by PM. 

Shipping: I use USPS Priority Mail and signature confirmation, and the total shipping cost will depend on the number purchased and value of the items. Shipping is in addition to asking price - if I sell one for $100, the total is $118 plus insurance If I sell one for $300, total is $323 plus insurance. Breakdown: 

Shipping: 

1 CGC = $18

2 CGC = $18

3 CGC = $22

4 CGC = $22

And so on.

Items will be insured at the buyer's expense - please refer to USPS' Priority Mail insurance rates for purchases totaling $50.01 or more (including shipping) - https://pe.usps.com/text/dmm300/Notice123.htm#_c191. USPS Priority Mail Flat Rate shipping includes insurance for goods up to $50. Once an item is shipped, I will share the tracking number by PM. I want your items to arrive nicely and if for some reason they don't, I want you to get your money back without my having lost it, too, because of some Act of God for which I couldn't mitigate the unforeseen risk.

Turnaround: Two business days, unless I'm traveling away from my stock. Then, two business days upon my return. 

Problems: Should any problems arise, I will troubleshoot those with you. Please keep it to PMs as I will do all in my power and according to these rules as I can to resolve issues. 

Stolen packages: I use signature confirmation as a deterrent against stolen packages. It is not my responsibility, once USPS Tracking shows "Delivered," if your package was stolen. The only thing I can do from where I sit is provide Signature Confirmation and hope you'll be the one to sign for it. It is incumbent upon you to watch for when your package will arrive, and I strongly encourage you to sign up for Delivery Tracking alerts by SMS and/or email via USPS.com. I've had packages delivered to me stolen, too, and I've had packages I've sold stolen, too. This is my remedy.

Feedback: I appreciate, if at all possible, that once a transaction and delivery is successful, you let me know by PM and/or give me a thumbs up or other good nod somewhere in this thread. I'll start a second post here to summarize sales and successes. It helps me with credibility on the Chat Boards and helps you reflect that you're a paying customer. 

No returns nor refunds.

Edited by SWoz

List and asking/minimum price:

Marvel Super Heroes Secret Wars #8 (Newsstand variant). CGC 9.2 NM- Triple signed by Shooter, Zeck and Beatty - $375 (Key - origin of black costume/symbiote)

Eternals #1 (1:50 John Romita, Jr. Sketch variant). CGC 9.6 NM+ signed by Romita, Jr. - $210 (1st Gaiman Eternals)

New Avengers #7 (1:10 Neal Adams Sentry variant). CGC 9.4 NM signed by Neal Adams - $245 (Key - 1st Illuminati)

Venom #25 (Greg Horn Trade Dress Variant). CGC 9.8 NM+/MT signed by Donny Cates and Ryan Stegman - $200 (Key - 1st Virus published due to COVID-19 delay of FCBD comics)

Black Canary - Oracle: Birds of Prey #1. CGC 9.2 NM- signed by Chuck Dixon - $175 (Key - 1st Birds of Prey)

Huntress #1 (Newsstand variant). CGC 9.4 NM signed by Joe Staton -  $175 (Key - 1st Helena Bertinelli/Huntress)

Detective Comics #647 (Newsstand variant). CGC 9.4 NM signed by Chuck Dixon - $175 (Key - 1st Stephanie Brown/Spoiler)

Crossover #1 (Justine Frany Tron Homage Trade Dress variant). CGC 9.8 NM+/NM signed by Donny Cates (Key - 1st Ellie Howell and others) - $200

Black Panther #3 (THREE/3 COPIES - xxx006, xxx007 and xxx008 - see photos and please specify desired copy/copies). CGC 9.8 NM+/NM signed by J. Scott Campbell. $145 each

Black Panther #4. CGC 9.2 NM- signed by J. Scott Campbell. $110. 

Black Panther #4.  CGC 9.8 NM+/MT signed by J. Scott Campbell. $145

Black Panther #6. CGC 9.6 NM+ signed by J. Scott Campbell. $135

JUST RIGHT FOR THE BRIAN AZZARELLO SIGNING - Birds of Prey (DC Black Label - J. Scott Campbell variant). CGC 9.8 signed by Campbell. $145.

Batman (Vol. 3) #94 (1:25 Jorge Jimenez cardstock variant). CGC Sig Series 2x signed (James Tynion IV and Jorge Jimenez).  9.8.  Should be arriving to me late this week or sometime next.  Photo forthcoming. - $210

Scott's Collectibles is doing a James Tynion IV/Jorge Jimenez signing - snap these up for that!:

Batman (Vol. 3) #92, 1:25 Jorge Jimenez cardstock variant.  CGC 9.6 NM+ (KEY - 1st Underbroker; 1st Punchline cover) - $65
Batman (Vol. 3) #92, 1:25 Jorge Jimenez cardstock variant.  CGC 9.8 NM+/MT (KEY - 1st Underbroker; 1st Punchline cover) - $75

Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC Sig Series Humberto Ramos. 8.0 VF, going for a very affordable $80. (KEY - 1st Cindy Moon, later Silk).
Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC Sig Series Humberto Ramos. 9.6 NM+ -$135. (KEY - 1st Cindy Moon, later Silk).

Amazing Spider-Man 49 (850). Humberto Ramos variant and CGC Sig Series. 9.6 - $135. 

Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #7 Newsstand. CGC 9.2 - $75 (KEY - 1st Barbara Minerva/Cheetah)
Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #7 Canadian Price Variant. CGC 9.2 - $80 (KEY - 1st Barbara Minerva/Cheetah)

Legion of Super-Heroes (Rebirth era) #6 - Alex Garner variant. CGC 9.8 NM+/MT. - $45 (KEY - 1st Gold Lantern and Monster Boy)

Edited by SWoz

Black Panther #3 (THREE/3 COPIES - Label number xxx006, xxx007 and xxx008 - see photos and please specify desired copy/copies). CGC 9.8 NM+/NM signed by J. Scott Campbell. $145 each

Black Panther #4. CGC 9.2 NM- signed by J. Scott Campbell. $110. 

Black Panther #4.  CGC 9.8 NM+/MT signed by J. Scott Campbell. $145

Black Panther #6. CGC 9.6 NM+ signed by J. Scott Campbell. $135

9 - BP3 9.8a 006.jpg

10 - BP3 9.8b 007.jpg

11 - BP3 9.8c 008.jpg

12 - BP4 9.2.jpg

13 - BP4 9.8.jpg

13 - BP6 9.6.jpg

Comic arriving within a week:

Batman (Vol. 3) #94 (1:25 Jorge Jimenez cardstock variant). CGC Sig Series 2x signed (James Tynion IV and Jorge Jimenez).  9.8 NM+/MT.  Should be arriving to me late this week or sometime next.  Photo forthcoming.  $210 

Edited by SWoz

7 hours ago, SWoz said:

Comic arriving within a week:

Batman (Vol. 3) #94 (1:25 Jorge Jimenez cardstock variant). CGC Sig Series 2x signed (James Tynion IV and Jorge Jimenez).  9.8 NM+/MT.  Should be arriving to me late this week or sometime next.  Photo forthcoming.  $250 

:bump:Hope you sell everything!!:bump:

1 hour ago, Golden Pete said:

:bump:Hope you sell everything!!:bump:

Thanks for the help. An error in that price - $210, not $250. 

Another: 

Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC Sig Series Humberto Ramos. 8.0 VF, going for a very affordable $80. (KEY - 1st Cindy Moon, later Silk).

16 - AMS 1 8point0.jpg

Edited by SWoz

Amazing Spider-Man #1 CGC Sig Series Humberto Ramos. 9.6 NM+ -$135. (KEY - 1st Cindy Moon, later Silk).

FYI - This is unpressed but I'm not sure pressing will or won't improve it, should you want to add more signatures. I'm no expert so can't make that call. 

17 - AMS 1 9point6.jpg

Edited by SWoz

Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #7 Newsstand. CGC 9.2 - $75 (KEY - 1st Barbara Minerva/Cheetah)

Wonder Woman (Vol. 2) #7 Canadian Price Variant. CGC 9.2 - $80 (KEY - 1st Barbara Minerva/Cheetah)

19 - WW7 NS 9point2.jpg

20 - WW7 9point2 Canadian.jpg

Edited by SWoz

Scott's Collectibles is doing a James Tynion IV/Jorge Jimenez signing - snap these up for that!

Batman (Vol. 3) #92, 1:25 Jorge Jimenez cardstock variant.  CGC 9.6 NM+ (KEY - 1st Underbroker; 1st Punchline cover) - $65

Batman (Vol. 3) #92, 1:25 Jorge Jimenez cardstock variant.  CGC 9.8 NM+/MT (KEY - 1st Underbroker; 1st Punchline cover) - $75

21 Batman 92 9point6.jpg

22 Batman 92 9point8.jpg

Edited by SWoz