• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

market for...

12 posts in this topic

Albedo #3 from 1985? Just rummaging through some boxes in the back of my closet and found a few. I guess this is the second Usaji Yojumbo or something like that? I know #2 goes for a lot, #3 seems to be in ebay stores at high prices, but little or no action in terms of actual sales. is it hard to find? colossus comics has one up for a dime, but i expect that to change over the next 5 days.

Hey guys,

Usagi is in issue #3 (he's also on the back cover). As far as I can tell, Albedo's print run increased a great deal from issue #2 to #3. So while #3 is the second appearance of Usagi Yojimbo, it doesn't have the scarcity behind it that #2 does (with a rumored print run of about 2000 copies). I've seen #3's for $20 - $40 pretty regulary.

#3 isn't shabby at all though. I've been picking these up for $2-3 a piece at local comic shops for the past few years (they don't know it has Usagi in it usually). I really like that book, and its due for more recognition than it currently deserves sometime in the future. I'd love to get my hands on an Albedo #2 (or a TMNT #1 1st print for that matter), but I doubt those will be so easy to find:

yup, there's a whole usagi story in #3

thanks. maybe i'll age them a little more. i remember getting these when my old LCS went under. I bought a short box of "humor" books for like $10 from him. lots of TNMT in the 20s - 40s, Richie Rich, a stack of Albedos, various 50's - 70s Funny animal and harvey's etc. maybe i'll make my $10 back on these albedos.

better have them go to me than the landlord!

thanks. it's 500% more common. I'd be happy to get 20% of the price of #2!

although the other info is incoorect. OPG currently has #2 at $250 in 9.2, not $8-10 or whatever he says.

#3 is $20 in 9.2.

There is some market for the Albedo #3 and #4, but not nearly the market as the demand for Albedo #2. The print run on #2 was 2000, and jumped for #3and #4. Still, a nice book. Basically the only Usagi comic that goes for good money is #2.

any thoughts on whether collectors of usagi/albedo 3 would pay a premium for a CGC slab? i'm looking at some of these and they could likely be 9.4 - 9.8s and i'm pretty tempted to send them in. there is no recent ebay data i can pull on this, maybe GPA analysis has data, i don't know.

any thoughts on whether collectors of usagi/albedo 3 would pay a premium for a CGC slab? i'm looking at some of these and they could likely be 9.4 - 9.8s and i'm pretty tempted to send them in. there is no recent ebay data i can pull on this, maybe GPA analysis has data, i don't know. [/quote

I've got some data - A 9.4 sold for $56.55 in December 2004. 9.2 sold for $26 in July of 2003, and an 8.5 sold for $9.99. That's all the sales recorded.

no, i don't expect to retire, not on stuff i paid less than 10 cents each for (granted, i bought a bunch of crapola i didn't want for 10 cents each as well)

heck, i could just send you two really nice raw ones for $55. maybe they'll come back 9.8s....maybe not.