• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Miracleman 1 Gold Variant

14 posts in this topic

Maybe you guys can help me out. Recently, my LCS found a Miracleman 1 Gold edition, sent it to cgc, received an 8.5 and is looking to sell it on eBay if the price is right. The guide isn't that helpful in figuring out value on this one. Anyway, can any of you Miracleman collectors give me a ballpark value on this one? Thanks-John

There is the problem. I think he paid a quarter for it. It was stuck in the middle of a bulk collection. Neither he nor the seller even knew it was in there until I found it(I do inventory for him sometimes and he lets me cherry pick). I was basically wondering what reserve I should set it at?

There is the problem. I think he paid a quarter for it. It was stuck in the middle of a bulk collection. Neither he nor the seller even knew it was in there until I found it(I do inventory for him sometimes and he lets me cherry pick). I was basically wondering what reserve I should set it at?

Set it at $500. If it was a quarter, he'll make a killing regardless. If it doesn't sell, re-list and lower the reserve.

It should have no problem breaking $500, IMO.

Thanks for the advice Chrisco. It was a big help. I'll get the book today and it should be up by Sunday. And, actually this owner is a stand up guy. He has allready contacted the guy so he can give him half of the auction closing price. A rare breed IMO.

It should be pointed out that the OS price of $1500 is based on ONE sale - which made the front page of CBG a couple of years ago. Mike Browning wrote the story. If memory serves, the copy was no.11 of 400 - so a very 'earlier' copy.

I'd agree $500 is a reasonable start price... I might even bid myself!

The Gold & Blue editions weren't evenin OS until 2003 or 04 - Mike got it in with his researche - like we're doing with the 2D 3D edition now (and if you find one of those I'll definitely pay you $500! wink.gif

The Gold Edition is a funny thing - all the value is in the signature and certificate - so getting the copy graded would seem slightly pointless. I do believe we've had a similar question in the past.

But the 'package' is genuinely rare - 20 to 30 left I'd reckon - so the very best of luck with the sale! laugh.gif

The only reason we had it graded is because it was sold on eBay raw for 400 bucks a couple months back and the buyer said he thought he could afford it but ended up not being able too. We thought the sticking point for the book was that no one would trust our grading. I assume that whoever wins it will crack it out of the case - - I would at least. I think, if memory serves, this is something like 22 or 27 -- not sure though. And thanks for the input everyone.

I sent my Gold Miracleman #1 in to CGC along with the certificate of authenticity and only had a notation on the label that said "Alan Moore 165/400 written in ink on the first page". They did not say it was the Gold Variant. (I also got an 8.5)

Because no one from CGC witnessed the signing (since CGC wasn't around in the 80's when this book came out at the San Diego Con), this book is one of those anomalies that cannot be stated on the slab what it is. If it DOES say on your slab that you have the Gold Variant, I call "Shennanigans"!