• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Wizard World TX forum Dinner

7 posts in this topic

I am planning a CGC Forum dinner For Wizard World TX. I was trying to see how many people were interested, So I can find out how much space we would need. We are looking at a few locations for the dinner. Any suggestions will be appreciated.

A couple of suggestions:

1. Post a thread in Comics General. I don't think many people visit this part of the forum.

2. Take money in advance. Rob_React had 10 to 12 people say they were coming to the WW Boston dinner and made reservations at a top restaurant on a Saturday night. Only 4 of us showed up. It was embarrassing, although the restaurant staff were only minorly annoyed, which was good.

3. Try to get the CGC folks to attend. We did not have anyone from CGC at the Boston dinner. I think that would have helped to legitimize it.

Good luck! Wish I could be there, but it's not in the cards for me this year.

I agree with Rhino. I've had a hand in organizing some of these, and as Mark, Scott, myself and anyone else who has organized one of these things can tell you, it's getting the word out in general, encouraging dealers to attend, and getting some CGC folks there as well.

Some of the best are at Chicago, Wondercon, San Diego, Philly, Baltimore, and New York -- see what kind of interest there is, and if there's low interest, go with reservations for a small party at somewhere informal.