• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Seattle ComiCard Convention 10/23

6 posts in this topic

Anybody been? Going?

I'm thinking of taking the drive down to check it out. Would like to know if it's worthwhile? It's been a long time since I've been to a convention. I need to get my feet wet!!!

popcorn.gif

Anybody been? Going?

I'm thinking of taking the drive down to check it out. Would like to know if it's worthwhile? It's been a long time since I've been to a convention. I need to get my feet wet!!!

popcorn.gif

Well, I'm not sure what kind of cons you are used to, but for my needs (mostly bronze/late silver) it is most certainly not worth going. I live maybe 15 miles away and I might not even go, probably won't. It is a small con with mostly small dealers with a poor selection of books. If you are not that picky, and if mid-grade is acceptable, then you may find something. But for a serious collector I'd say it is not worth traveling to unless you can make it within an hour and go just for the heck of it. If you are looking for bargains you may find a few. I used to sell at these shows too. Bad from a dealers perspective as well and not as many dealers show up and they used to.

Well, it's just over an hour and a half from where I am. I've been itching to go to a show and this is the only one in the area until November (another small one in Vancouver).

I've got a few issues on my list that I'm looking for. I remember the small shows well... come 3pm the deals were plentiful! I could usually pick some stuff up on the cheap thumbsup2.gif

I'm not really looking for the high grade slabs. I gather there'll be a good selection of RAW moderns/bronze there.

Plus!!! I get to go and shop for goodies at Sam's Club that I can't get here in Canada!!! cloud9.gif

JG

It is a small con with mostly small dealers with a poor selection of books. If you are not that picky, and if mid-grade is acceptable, then you may find something. But for a serious collector I'd say it is not worth traveling to...

Serious collectors read their books. makepoint.gif

Apparently not all do. I'm just one of several serious collectors on this forum that does not.

I like to read certain titles. However, lately I have been buying from more of a speculator point of view Christo_pull_hair.gif

I like to get the digital versions of the books. I actually have quite a large collection of those thumbsup2.gif It's just like reading the book (well sort of) and you don't get fingerprints/ stains and creases on them! I know, I know... I'll probabloy catch flak for saying that. But hey! It's my choice grin.gif

I love comic books and always will cloud9.gif.

I read my ASM #2 last week before it went out for a slab... still smelled pretty good too grin.gif

JG

SEE YOU IN SEATTLE!