• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Sheeeeeee's Back!!!

93 posts in this topic

You will forget to pull the auction and it will sell for $800. poke2.gif

Not unless she's over $1,200 before the mark . . . and you guys'll be able to see her in your dreams forever . . . right here! insane.gif

You will forget to pull the auction and it will sell for $800. poke2.gif

Not unless she's over $1,200 before the mark . . . and you guys'll be able to see her in your dreams forever . . . right here! insane.gif

Why that's...extortion! sumo.gif

BTW, I was gonna bid but got vetoed by my girlfriend! poke2.gif

Do you regularly pull auctions instead of offering a reserve?

The answer to your question would be "yes":

http://boards.collectors-society.com/sho...0&fpart=all

For example, this book has been listed THREE times along with the accompanying post to the board (with countless bumps along the way). Each time, the seller shamelessly concocts a story about how a mysterious "buyer" conveniently makes an offer (necessitating the ending of the auction) and then, just as conveniently, withdraws the offer (necessitating the relisting of the auction along with the multiple posts to the marketplace trumpeting the return of said book). He admits to as much himself in the above thread...before he deleted all his posts.

Basically, he has no problem pulling supposed "no reserve" auctions if he believes his price won't be met. As he says (before he deleted his post), to do otherwise would be "stupid". Also, there is "no honor" in letting an auction run its course.

Hopefully, though, this will be a thing of the past as the seller has taken my advice (you're welcome) and put the book on Comiclink where he has the best chance of realizing his desired price.

Good luck!

That is a bit short sighted, just think how many potential buyers that are alienated by things like this. I myself always wait until the last few seconds of an auction to bid. He should have just put a reserve on it and let it run its course.

That is a bit short sighted, just think how many potential buyers that are alienated by things like this. I myself always wait until the last few seconds of an auction to bid. He should have just put a reserve on it and let it run its course.

If you read my post in the above-mentioned thread, you'll see I said the exact same thing. And I'm pretty sure we're not the only ones who think this way.

The big question is: will this affect whether you bid on his books in the future?

The big question is: will this affect whether you bid on his books in the future?

That's actually a very small question . . . hi.gif

Yes, in one way it will. How can I bid if the auction is ended early on something I wanted?

Yes, in one way it will. How can I bid if the auction is ended early on something I wanted?

Tom, but I don't have X-Men 87 in 9.4 or better . . . 27_laughing.gif