• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Grading/Quality control??
3 3

60 posts in this topic

22 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

This whole situation doesn’t add up, for many reasons.

Sounds like it’s close to being shipped so just wait and see… Reserve your freaking out for when you know a little more…

3.0 3BA7D168-206E-4A20-91DC-60B56319AFBC.thumb.png.2c902fffeef8a84931ed9c19cb0e3be2.png

18 minutes ago, Bo1983 said:

3.0 3BA7D168-206E-4A20-91DC-60B56319AFBC.thumb.png.2c902fffeef8a84931ed9c19cb0e3be2.png

Someone literally asked you directly if CGC told you it was a 0.5, and you said yes. Mystery solved…spine split and staining.

FYI, it’s a rarity for people to get bumped up a tier. In fact it’s never happened to me and I submit in lower tiers all the time, but I’ve heard it can happen in extreme cases…

Edited by Callaway29

41 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

Someone literally asked you directly if CGC told you it was a 0.5, and you said yes. Mystery solved…spine split and staining.

FYI, it’s a rarity for people to get bumped up a tier. In fact it’s never happened to me and I submit in lower tiers all the time, but I’ve heard it can happen in extreme cases…

I was going on value I just figured if they didn’t bump me up it was .5 just based on what there selling for!

Just now, Bo1983 said:

I was going on value I just figured if they didn’t bump me up it was .5 just based on what there selling for!

so what WAS the grade? since you have notes :wishluck: 

hope it's what you're looking for :tink: 

43 minutes ago, Callaway29 said:

So if I do standard and the book is worth 10 grand they won’t charge u extra??

Just now, ADAMANTIUM said:

so what WAS the grade? since you have notes :wishluck: 

hope it's what you're looking for :tink: 

I just got it 3.0 I figured a .5 sense they didn’t bump me up. Because I did standard service or does it matter???

3 hours ago, theCapraAegagrus said:

You're talking about CGC grading a book in-person vs strangers on the internet guessing based on the quality of images that you captured and provided.

The PGM sub-forum is not to be taken as gospel. That being said, if given HQ images, I am typically within 0.5 of the grade that CGC assigns.

giphy.gif

Let'em know!

1 minute ago, Bo1983 said:

I just got it 3.0 I figured a .5 sense they didn’t bump me up. Because I did standard service or does it matter???

It's an option they HAVE, but don't always USE.....

I don't know that they are REQUIRED to, but if they feel it necessary for insurance purposes, they COULD :tink: 

On 7/16/2021 at 11:29 AM, Bo1983 said:

If u undervalue your book they bump u up a  tier I thank that’s how it works?

Yes that’s how it’s is supposed to work but they may not unless the value is much higher.  I had a fantastic four 12 that I had as a 5.0 come back as a 8.0 thanks to a press and cgc didn’t  bump it up

On 7/21/2021 at 2:28 PM, wombat said:

What is happening here? Assuming the grade was a .5 because you didn't get a notice it was bumped up a tier and trying to calculate value off of that? We have officially entered crazy town. Everyone aboard!!!!!!!

image.gif.59f6acba2a73a5bdd2dd02a8577b5d31.gif

On 7/21/2021 at 9:55 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I’ve seen some stuff over the last 9 years, but this is one of the worst threads created on these boards. This was attempted murder on my brain cells. 

Whut are u tilking about??!!!!! Best 3.0 KANG!!!

☮️

Edited by grendelbo
more incorrect spelling change more funny

On 7/21/2021 at 11:55 PM, awakeintheashes said:

I’ve seen some stuff over the last 9 years, but this is one of the worst threads created on these boards. This was attempted murder on my brain cells. 

You missed the other dozen that, thankfully, the mods wiped. The dude has PM'd me twice, too, and I frankly could not care less about his entire situation.

On 7/16/2021 at 10:11 AM, Bo1983 said:

Then I shroud have gotten a tier bump sense I did standard right?But I didn’t get one so I guess it’s a ng  or .5

They are so backed up these days its probably easier to just grade it and not worry about the tier.