• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Batman 1

67 posts in this topic

yeah. what HE said!!!

I did like his first paragraph though, when he made a good distinction between restoration and recreation. Having a tear sealed is certainly a lot better than adding pieces and recreating a page. I wonder how CGC will factor this in with their new resto grading system.

Put your money where your mouth is, shill! If you love restored books so much and believe they're just as valuable as unrestored books, buy them up. If you're willing to pay full Guide for restored books to show you really believe what you're saying, I'll sell them to you all day.

Shove the shill business you know where I bought two restored's today fool , and amazingly paid less than half guide.

Do I thnk they are worth the same NO! Do I think a a 5.0 un is worth more than a 9.2 professionally restored with no added pieces absolutley NOT!. The pro restored should be worth about 2-2.5 graders lower than its apparent grade. Not 1/4 of its apparent grade that is simply wrong. Added pieces would lower the price but it should still price at least as high as the 5.0 we are talking 8 grade difference. Proffessional restored prices should NOT be slumped with destructive amateur.

I am speaking strickly from an investment point of view.

A batman 1 in 5.0 unrestored is a better investment than a restored batman 1 in 9.2 moderate restored every day of the week...

As far as the name calling.....not touching it.

I am arguing against your position not for an investment, but since there is really no data to back up either of us over a 20 year period I stand by my statement that it is perception that devalues restored books today rather than the reality of the past.

There is no data to suggest that unrestored books are worth more than restored books? Am i understanding that statement.

There is no data to suggest that unrestored books are worth more than restored books? Am i understanding that statement. If so,

Ive got a bridge to sell you...

Hey Peter, you know instead of adding a new post because you thought of something else to add to an earlier post, there's an "edit" key that allows you to go back and just modify your original post. poke2.gif

There is data on mixed restored/unrestored book sales from twenty years ago but there is no sales data from twenty years for only restored and only non restoired that is the point and by the way I own five bridges just becasue you can't bloomberg to sell you any is because you don't live in the right part of town.

Wow - bumping a thread from 2005?! I was reading with great interest, almost wrote filter to buy that Batman 1 for $16.5, and then I saw my OwN reply to the thread and realized this was a blast from the past - hilarious!

Well, with the benefit of OVER 11 YEARS of passed time, I guess we can now evaluate both positions and see who was right. Any takers?

All I can say is that a year or so before the OP, I had the chance to buy an unrestored action 1 for $55K, and I've been kicking myself, hard, ever since. At the same auction I bought a restored Tec27, and did I mention I've been kicking myself ever since?

hmm ... looks like actionkid came out on top of this argument.

very interesting thread by the way.

kudos for bumping this. nice with a historical perspective these days since the hobby/ marketplace is changing so fast.

hmm ... looks like actionkid came out on top of this argument.

very interesting thread by the way.

kudos for bumping this. nice with a historical perspective these days since the hobby/ marketplace is changing so fast.

Where is action1kid nowadays anyways? Looks like it's been several years since he last posted here. ???

I believe the restored books would have done a bit better than what has actually taken place if CGC had been successful in implementing their all-blue uni-color label system with the 10-point formal restoration rating system that they had been planning to put in place at the time. hm

A travesty that it never materialized as it would have removed the unintended stigma that was immediately attached to restored books when CGC implemented the PLOD labels for the restored books. :tonofbricks: