• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Gothic Tales of Love
1 1

177 posts in this topic

So does someone have a scan of #2? popcorn.gif
Jayman but he's too busy. Like I said, the owner should have sent me the scan. Christo_pull_hair.gif

Mr. Impatient 893naughty-thumb.gif

Would have posted them 3 hours ago. sign-offtopic.gif

Jayman but he's too busy. Like I said, the owner should have sent me the scan. Christo_pull_hair.gif

But are you Mr. happy now??? poke2.gif

No...issue 1 is cooler tongue.gif

You should see issue # 3 893whatthe.gifpoke2.gif

yeahok.gif

yeahok.gif

Aww you know I'd post it if I had it... wink.gif

Gothic Romances is also on my list, but too many people bid Zillaf's copies up to the moon! I will be waiting awhile for that one as well...

I was watching that auction too but knew it would go for alot. I really do like Zillaf's as his books are usually really glossy, clean and with white pages. I won some daredevil's that were advertised as fine+ but they all ended up being nm-. Love that.

Me responsible??? laugh.gif

OK, OK, sorry guys, as I have been a bit busy lately. 893blahblah.gif

Here ya go courtesy of bill999

968926-GTOL260.jpg

968926-GTOL275.jpg

BTW: Just got these scans tonight.

Never saw either the # 1 or # 2, and price variants to boot! 893whatthe.gif

...........and # 3??? popcorn.gif

Gothic Romances is also on my list, but too many people bid Zillaf's copies up to the moon! I will be waiting awhile for that one as well...

I was watching that auction too but knew it would go for alot. I really do like Zillaf's as his books are usually really glossy, clean and with white pages. I won some daredevil's that were advertised as fine+ but they all ended up being nm-. Love that.

Yeah, he always has nice books. I don't understand his grading at all though. You can buy a F+ and a VF+ from him and they will both turn out to be the same grade...probably VF+ or NM-. confused-smiley-013.gif

I have all three Gothic Tales of Love and Atlas/Seaboard's Gothic Romances #1. I found GTOL #1 & 2 and the GR #1 all at the same time about 10 years ago for a 5 for $20 deal. The dealer had multiples of all but I just got one copy each (wish I would have snagged them all now)

Here is a scan of Gothic Tales of Love #3 which I found just a couple years ago by accident in a $1 box! At the time I didn't even know there was a #3.

Gothic3.jpg

Nice! thumbsup2.gif

What a great time to join the boards, welcome! 893applaud-thumb.gif

Couple of questions regarding the GToL books:

Does it say who the cover art was done by for each issue?

And what are the contents, text and spot illustrations or standard comic book format?

Again thanks for posting!

Thanks for the welcome guys. I love weird esoteric comics/mags like this stuff! Glad I could help get that last image for you all.

As far as the interior. Text and illustrations only. Not in comic form. It does not say who the artist is/are like the Gothic Romance mag from Atlas/Seaboard does.

One of these days I am going to send in my GTOL #1 & 2 to CGC. I am pretty good at grading (after over 30 years messing with comics I should be) and I think both will be at least 9.0 (probably higher). Wish I still had my original copy of Gothic Romances. Sold it for $250 raw around 4 years ago. (It was virtually perfect a 9.6 minimum). I still have a lower grade copy but oh the money that sweet copy would bring now!