• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

eBAY Fraud Alert! X-Men # 7

134 posts in this topic

I want as many people to see this insufficiently_thoughtful_person for the fraud he is,i know alot of people know who he is but alot of people don't and bid on this restored check out Item # 720006898 and you will see in the X of the word X-Men that there is color touching in the black along the edge inside the letter X.The thing is though he is ripping people of quitley because he can always say and do give refunds,BUT! what if they don't grade it? then he makes out. Kev

P.S. The book is trimmed

I do notice the color touch on the book and maybe the book is trimmed. I also see that his auction and feedback is private.

I have been hearing a lot of negative opinions about this seller quite often on this board and never really looked into what the fuss was about. Now that I am interested in a couple of the books that he is offering I am a little more concerned.

Before I bid on one of his books I would like to pose this question: Has anybody on this board had direct dealings with this person and if so what was the outcome?

I myself had a dircet dealing with him,I bought a ASM 14 NM/MT (according to him)

After i bought it,i overnighted it to CGC . the grade? a CGC 9.2 NM- (SA) restoration included 2 edges trimmed,color touch,glue along edge of spine.I got my refund,but i never dealt with him again..there are alot more honest sellers out there,look elsewhere for your books and not Comic-Keys,His fedback is private due to me threating him with "im going to email all your past and future customers about you!" next day his feedback was private.

Has anybody on this board had direct dealings with this person and if so what was the outcome?

Most folks on here have kept our distance (comic-keys is on here as user methusaleh, by the way,) but, during one of the many lengthy discussions about him, two or three buyers have come forward with (negative) first hand accounts of their dealings with comic-keys. If you really want an answer to this question, either search on "comic-keys" and check the larger posts about him or post the question above in the general forum. You will get more information than is healthy to digest in one sitting.

Shuley, You are TRULY an insufficiently_thoughtful_person. RED touchup in the yellow lettering??? PLEASE!! Let's study some PRINTING MECHANICS on X-Men 7 before Chicken-Little here makes everyone else have a cerebral accident as well.

Access Lot # 716824954. I'll wait.......dum-dee-dee-dum, cough, choke, sputter....OK, we all have it? Let's study the reds in relation to the basic art lines. What has happened on MY copy of X-Men 7 is a red plate shift slightly to the right in the printing process. If you notice, on the CGC 4.0 copy (that number I gave you and Chicken-Little), the plate has shifted UPWARD. LOOK at the bottom of the lettering 'MEN', the #7 box and the Marvel 12c group box on this CGC 4.0. SEE THE RED LINES at the bottom of the areas I mentioned INTRUDING into the yellow and white areas? SEE THEM SHULEY???? Go get your prescription eyes. Now, this evidence is further supported by by Cyclops' beam. Focus on that Shuley. On the CGC 4.0 copy, there is a definite SPACE on the right edge of the red coloration inserted into the margins of the beam, a white area BEFORE the white line. On MINE, the space is on the LEFT SIDE of the beam because the red plate shifted differently on MY copy. Oh and by the way, the CGC 4.0 Blue is TRIMMED on the right edge. On MY copy, the front cover wraps well around the spine and STILL far more artwork is present, viewable on the right edge of the book. Also, there are no interior pages extruding at any point past the right edge of the 4.0 cover. Is that enough Shuley or should I continue the seminar on printing dynamics for you?

Just to amend my assessment on MY book, the reds shifted right and DOWNWARD. Look at the box with the number 7; red is present INSIDE the top of the black line at the top of the box, and the white that belongs INSIDE the box at the bottom extends PAST the level of the bottom border of the box. Also, you'll notice thin red lines just to the right of the letters 'MEN' on my copy, immediately inside the black lines that the CGC 4.0 DOESN'T have. You didn't notice these affects Shuley? Or you didn't WANT to notice them. Study Boy, STUDY! THEN the mouth should open and you should push panic buttons. There's also some BLUE shuft to the right and down as well. Look at how the blue in Cyke's pants extend into IceMan's right shoulder, and the blue of Scarlet Witch's eyes extend to her cheeks!

Mud, you're kidding, right? I just showed you what to look for, didn't I? Red touchup? INSIDE the black line? Please tell me you're kidding, right?

here, check out the attachment, in case you missed it. I loaded your auction image into photoshop and upped the brightness and contrast...

42317-7x(messed_with).jpg.b9d8c51c114ea8071523ed36a921ab0b.jpg

Just in case you're NOT kidding, and you're actually listening to this insufficiently_thoughtful_person (Shuley), I will SCOUR the Internet today for a copy of X-Men 7 that has the reds shifted in the exact same manner. ALL other effects I notated will be the same as well. The book is not color touched. You mean to tell me that on that CGC 4.0 that I gave the number of, you DON'T see the yellow extending OVER and INTO the red area without affecting the black line. Is THAT book color touched YELLOW???? Of course not. The red didn't cover the yellow because the reds weren't positioned far enough to the right to COVER the yellow (I don't believe this...are there any PRINTER'S on this Board?).

Now there's black squiggly lines??? When you blow-up DIAGONAL black lines on your software, they ALL become black squiggly lines that look like stairsteps from the side.

Now it's Black sqiggly lines? When you blow up diagonal lines on scans, they ALL turn into black squiggly lines a few times up in magnification.

Wow mud, that's pretty damning evidence!! That image worked so well I thought everyone might want to see it directly in the thread, so here it is. It's obvious that this is much more than a case of mis-aligned printing plates (poor printing registration).

Also, can you do the same thing to the black area on the right edge above Scarlet Witch's head?

x7ct.jpg