• When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

was this once a hot book?

9 posts in this topic

specifically, i have a couple and i know my friend who owned a shop has a bunch more in storage. he's fed up with comics and has given me an open invitation to pick through what's left of his junk at 25 cents a pop, assuming I come up with at least a long box of stuff, before he lists his stuff as a bulk lot on ebay for 2 cents a book. He basically sold off all his bronze and silver and good copper (Wolverine 1s, etc.), but I figure this sort of thing he wouldn't have bothered with because TNMT was sooo dead for a while. (There's other stuff I'm pondering to fill the box, just wondering if a stack of these would be worthwhile.)

The TNMT Raphel #1 micro-series? Another one I see I have a few of. Tough to gauge its ebay value. Milehigh has VG copies for $6, which doesn't always mean much.

I listed the Raphel and Michangelo minis on ebay last year and didn't get a nibble, let alone a bite. I personally like the books and they were integral parts of the early TMNT mythos, however, they don't seem to carry a premium right now. confused-smiley-013.gif

893scratchchin-thumb.gifmm, oh well, my dreams of buying for 25 cents and selling one a month for $5 a pop for the next three years are perhaps far-fetched.

nice goal though... if you have 500 books you do that with it every month winds up being real money.

alas, my stack of NM thor 339s probably needs a bit more aging.

well, the 337 might be one of those "$5 once a month books" if you have nice NM copies, big scans, low shipping and stellar feedback.

i remember back about 6 months after it came out shops putting it up on their wall and trying to sell it for $20.

i now wish i hadn't gotten my copies of 337, 338 and 339 signed by Mr. Simonson. it's impossible for me to prove the signature, as i was just a kid when he did them.

oh well. they are nice to look at, however

Phil Seulings Seagate comics screwed up my initial order when I opened Quest End. To make up for it, the next month he sold me 100 extra copies of Thor 337 at half cover when dealers were selling them for $15-20 a pop.He told me to give them away to anyone who signed up for a pull and hold service. I would have sold them for $10 each and made a grand but, with his idea,I ended up gaining about fifty extra regular clients.